STDs Community
hepatitis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

hepatitis

my doctor gave my girlfriend negative test results for hep a and b the same day he drew blood (while i was still in the office). does this sound right? can they get results that quickly? or should i not trust these results?
We have answered this already.  To see your old posts, click on your name.

Aj
Hi -- so I admit I've asked this question in a couple different ways -- I apologize for that. But truly, nobody has answered my question. The only responses I've received is that I should get tested which I've done for Chlam, Gon, Trich. Others are too early. In the mean time, maintaining sanity is difficult. The girl I slept with says she got tested for everything. Part of the reason I don't believe her is because she got instant results for hepatitis the same day she was tested. This casts doubt on all the tests that she supposedly took most importantly HIV (which she said came back negative). Yes, I will get tested but you have to know how tough it is to cope in the mean time. So the reason I'm asking if it's possible to get same day results for hepatitis testing, is to give myself a little more sanity until I can be tested. In other words, if it is possible to get same day results for that test, it makes me think okay, maybe she is telling the truth -- that will help me sleep until I can get tested myself. Thanks for listening..
Respectfully,
Scottsaz
I've not heard of a same-day hep test, but maybe they have a lab that they can do the testing there.

Just ask her for copies of it all - that will end this speculation.  If she didn't test, she won't be able to get you copies.

In one post, you say that it was your gf's tests, and in another, you say it was your tests that came back the same day.  What's that about?

And really - if you don't think we are answering your questions, just say so.  No need to keep asking the same thing over and over.

Your chances of hep B are very slim - most people are vaccinated for it.  Your test will show if you have immunities to it.

Your chances of HIV are even slimmer.  Less people have HIV than hep B, and even if she was infected, you have about a 1 in 1000 chance of getting it from an infected female.

Also, it would help if we could keep everything in one thread.  To respond here, just scroll down and type your response in the big white box under "Post Comment".  When you are finished, click on the green "Post Comment" button.

Aj

thanks AJ. So to clarify, not my gf...rather-- a girl I slept with.  my risk may be higher since i have psoriasis in genital area with broken skin -- i scratched down there before and after the event and I remember seeing blood after the fact (can't believe I'm so stupid). But that's a different forum altogether right..Not sure how a separate thread was created since I added my comments to the "post comment" -- we'll see what happens this time. Thanks AJ.
Most labs will take up to 5 to 7 days to report results beacuse they are run in batches with other patient samples  to reduce cost of testing.