STDs Community
herpes, friction, allergy, thrush? masturbation rash

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

hello,
ive had an ongoing skin affliction on my penis for close to 6 months now. its a red rash that is mostly restricted to the right side on the upper part of the base of the head. this manifests in an elevated 3/4 inch x 1/2 inch area which is violet in color and flat topped but irregularly shaped. it is consistently in the same spot. if i do not masturbate it will sort of crust over and clear within 4-5 days.

on the head, it occurs on both sides with small circular red blotches that run in straight line from the tip down. but the rash occurs on the tip only when i masturbate and quickly goes away after i shower and lose my erection. this seems to be a result of the skin stretching but i am unsure.

The irritation  was especially exaggerated this summer over 3 months, seemingly fueled by surfing and playing volleyball wearing rough canvas boardshorts (swim trunks).

about a month ago I was living in quarters with several roommates, so masturbation was not an option and i was completely symptom free during that period. But when the rash seems to be almost completely gone, masturbation seems to make it come back, and I have never "woken up" to find symptoms. When afforded the opportunity, I masturbate often and these periods of masturbation up to 3 times daily coincide with the more evident symptoms. In addition, I am right handed and the irritation never seems to occur on the left side of my penis. I've tried all all sorts of lotions but with no benefit. The tip of right thumbnail recently turned a light brown pigment taking on a rough  texture and I have had some strange singular zit type bumps on my elbows, forearms, and back of my hands.

I am terrified of the possibility of an STI but have had sex less than ten times and used a condom every time except 2. And the last time I had unprotected sex was nearly a year ago. Making multiple month gap between the last possible exposure and first symptoms. I have never had any pain while urinating. And no prevalent itching. I was on multiple month long courses of doxycycline for acne.

Here is a picture of the most similar symptoms:

http://www.ak101.com/dermnet/dn2/allJPGThumb/Lichen_Planus_Penis_7.jpg

could this be due to herpes, allergic reaction, too much friction, or anything else?
thank you
have you seen a doctor about this  yet man?
LOL that was going to be my first question too.

It could be irritation from too much masturbation - your penis is your friend, treat it kindly.  It could be a fungal infection, or even a reaction to something you are using for masturbation - lotion, lube, etc.

You do need to get it checked though.  I doubt its an std since it only happens with masturbation, but a doctor can figure that out for sure.

Aj