STDs Expert Forum
herpes

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

herpes

I had unprotected sex. a month later i started feeling a wired feeling in my penis. a few days past and started feeling like i had tickling/ unexplainable feeling  at the head of my penis  its so hard to explain . also feeling like i had an unfinished feeling of peeing almost like an urge to pee i thought i had a uti. so i went to the doctor and told him i had unprotected sex. gave me std test chlamydia and gonorrhea and uti test. passed test ok at this point i have so much anxiety that i took days off of work i also noticed  an itch almost a pinch at the tip of penis no redness bumps or nothing. he referred me to an urologist at this point i didnt  feel anything in penis, but was more concerned with  a pain that developed in the balls that comes and goes. also had  wired feelings in pelvic area he checked me out and said he didnt  see anything and the pain wasn't chronic so he said its all in the mind he also said it could be an std that hasnt developed yet that was about 6 weeks after unprotected sex. its now been 12 weeks and the symptoms come and go. i dont know if its in my mind or what ive been going crazy already seeking therapy. ive had issues were i swear its prostate or hernia i noticed a slight pain in the upper groin area so i had the doctor do ct scan also hiv test and an all around blood test just to feel a little better. i also sometimes have pain at the head of the penis not in the center but on the side also sometimes i get a pain in the middle of the penius. i told the doctor about the pains in the penis he said i could have herpes in the urethra but he said  its very rare i feel like sometimes hes tired of seeing me :( but he just checked my groin area and gave me a referral for the ct scan and to see the urologist again.  anyway the last time i felt pain in the penis i decided to take ib proven and the pain went away 95% of it  2 pills 250 mg each. do i have herpes  on the head and i cant see it  or inside of penius

Welcome to the Forum.  Sometimes after an exposure that, in retrospect, one wishes they had not had, persons tend to examine themselves and be far more attuned to genital sensations than in periods when they are not concerned.  This in turn leads to noticing what turn out to be normal sensations that might have been not noticed or ignored at other times.  The sorts of symptoms you are describing are rather typical of this situation.  You have now been examined by several doctors who have told you there is no evidence of STD or other pathology.  It is time to believe them.  If you continue to ask doctor after doctor I am sure that you will find someone who will treat you "just in case" but that really is not in your best interest.  

Your symptoms are really not suggestive of an STD which “has not developed yet”, nor are they suggestive of urethral HSV.  

My advice is to believe the doctors you have seen and realize that you did not get an STD from the exposure you describe (remember, even if your partner ha an STD, which is unlikely, most exposures to infected partners do not lead to infection).  Thus not only are the numbers on your side but you have multiple professional opinions which tell you the same thing.  I would believe them

EWH  
thanks a lot for advise but i just cant help to think the worse. Ive been having a lot of trouble dealing with these feelings. sad to say but Ive already thought of suicide. my appointment is this Monday coming with urologist. im going to be very blunt with him about every thing i feel. i cant explain the warmth i feel in the  penis the the tingling sensation i feel. Im constantly looking at my penis to see if anything has came out. i cant explain the pain in the head of the penis i get Evey once in a while. its been already more then 90 days from the in counter i had. im just so sad about the whole situation.
If you are this worried about this, I urge you to seek the input and assistance of a trained counselor at a local crisis or mental health center.  Not only is there no good reason to worry about an STD but, even if you were to have one, it jsut is not that big a deal. for instance, remember that here in the U.S. one out of every 4 sexually active adolescent women get STDs every year.  Not something to be so upset about.  Just take care of yourself.  EWH
ive been noticing pain at the tip of penis especially when pee  drips out after im done   peeing i leak after i pee sometimes  i think that's when the itch happens   ive been looking  inside if urthea as much as i could but cant really see  any thing i also feel a dull pain in the center of penis with occasional pain the scrotum. does this sound like urthea herpes. still waiting to see urologist.