herpes?
I am being tested for genital herpes after a recent outbreak. I m negative for hsv2 antibodies. I am positive for hsv1 antibodies. I have a history of oral hsv1 lesions since I was young. I'm almost certain that I have genital hsv1. I can deal with that. I am freaking because I am paranoid about spreading this crap. I care for my 3 year old granddaughter and I am afraid I will transmit the virus to her. I've been crying for 3 days. I wash my hands but I cannot seem to get the worry out of my head. Also, I have this area on my thumb that i thought was a callous or a wart starting. Herpes whitlow??? scared that I've touched her with an infected thumb. HELP!!!!

I had a similar outbreak back in April as well. I had labwork after both occurances. I was unable to have the lesions cultured because they were healed by the time I got to the obgyn. I am so scared and consumed by this that I cant function in everyday life. I am scared to touch anyone. .
Jody, I used to have HSV1 outbreaks on my mouth as a kid but I havent had any OB for more than 15 years now. Herpes is not spread through blood, saliva, or touching...in order to give herpes to someone you have to have skin to skin contact with them. Saying that I mean serious contact...not just touching, or holding your granddaughter. If you have an active outbreak in your mouth I would say do not kiss the kid. Other than that you are pretty safe:)
herpes questions go on the herpes forum.

you already have a post there so please follow up there. thanks!