STDs Community
herpes from blowjob using condom

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

herpes from blowjob using condom

I got a blowjob from a  stranger the other night and she used a condom. Is there a risk of getting an STD more specifically herpes?
Avatar n tn
Herpes is the only realistic risk from a condom bj, but that risk is pretty low.  You need to have unprotected skin-skin contact, and as you can imagine, that really doesn't happen with a condom and a bj.  So yes, the risk is greater than 0, but I don't think I'd worry about it.

The reason you might hear that herpes can be spread with a condom is more for genital sex, where there is a lot more skin-skin contact which is outside the protected condom area.