STDs Expert Forum
herpes risk handjob

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

herpes risk handjob

Dr HHH and EWH
2 weeks ago I received a handjob from a stranger while I was on vacation. she never directly touched my penis but rubbed me vigorously on top of boxer shorts which were soaking wet.

last week i had a few rash in the pubic area and low abdomen which the derm said were follicilitus.

right now i had a singular tiny rash in the groin/crease area. is this herpes? i'm otherwise sexually inactive for lst 6 -7months and was -ive when i test a couple of months ago using igg?

i understand most posts say the risk is zero but is it theoretically possibe to get herpes from hand to genital contact through a soaked cloth?

thanks!
Your statement toward the end of your question is correct:  "I understand most posts say the risk is zero...."  Actually, ALL posts (by me or Dr. Hook) say that.  Is it "theoretically possible"?  Sure.  But neither I, Dr. Hook, nor any other STD specialist has ever reported seeing a case that appeared to be acquried that way.  Further, there is no risk of herpes or any other STD through clothing; a dermatologist's diagnosis of folliculitis is reliable; and herpes doesn't first show up in the groin.  The sore throat and cough (comment below) do not suggest herpes or other STD.

All 3 of your questions on this forum since last February were anxiety-driven, with no real STD risk, and also showed evidence that you have trouble accepting the judgment of your own health care provider(s).  In addition, MedHelp policy sets a maximum of 2 questions every 6 months on the moderated forums (see Terms and Conditions).  This will have to be your last one for the next year.  The rule is enforced not arbitrarily, but to avoid reinforcing anxieties exactly like yours.  Counseling might be in order; I suggest it out of compassion, not criticism.

HHH, MD
Also, to add tot his i had sore throat which became dry cough 2 weeks ago. the PA who evaluated me didnt find any swollen lymph nodes and no fever. I got the sore throat after i got back from vacation