STDs Community
herpes? yeast? prostate issue?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

herpes? yeast? prostate issue?

I recently had oral sex from my girl friend of eight months. this is our first sexual experience. i later got some marks on my penis which a doctor diagnosed as a red **** from vigorous oral sex. possible skin irritation but nothing to be alarmed about but it has been persistent. my symptoms include:

- frequent urination at night
- not fully done peeing but it stops or not full urination
- redness; small red spots but i was told it was discoloration not herpes
- flaky skin on penis head
- muscle pain
- neck pain, almost like it is swollen
- groin pain - testicles & pelvis area
- clear discharge that sticks to my boxers almost like pre *** but is very little
- pain in penis that shifts sometimes left or right?
- other

i have been given different prognosis. its been persister over a month. my girlfriend has gotten checked out & had no prior infections. says things came back negative but i am skeptical. i know she has had cold sores before. i did however notice nothing to prevent me from allowing her to perform oral sex. i would love to get closure. i have yet to see a specialist. my GP wont give me a referral and stated a little discharge of semen is normal. my girlfriend has been faithful too my knowledge. i am a little worried now. its carried on over a month. the penis burning is uncomfortable. a doctor checked my prostate and says it is enlarged which could cause penis pain around the tip. a burning sensation though normal? what does this sound like? i got some cream for a yeast infection & fucidin. any help would be appreciated. i am looking into a referral for a specialist as this has been awhile. all tests including multiple swabs, urine, and physical examinations came back negative. i never had a herpes test though. only examinations and a couple of those at that. any help is appreciated. i haven't had puss, blisters, or itching. i notice with cream on i may get the odd itch but nothing out of the ordinary. thanks.
If you have an enlarged prostate, that is what is causing all these symptoms.

I wouldn't over reach here, and start thinking you have things you don't have, and if you have no reason to not trust your gf about her results, or her being faithful, this isn't cause to start.

AJ

This does not sound like Herpes symptoms. It may be your prostate. Prehaps a course of treatment for the prostate may clear your symptoms. I encourage you to follow up with your Doctor.
Thanks so much. i notice small spots on my penis and some mild discomfort in this area but its been rules out that it isn't herpes. i hear they can be hard to spot some times. these don't however blister or puss btw though it would be difficult too tell with ointment on. i am sure the discomfort would be a lot more serious then it is now if it was herpes. my girlfriend is a good girl but she does happen to contradict herself at times which makes me very uneasy at times. i never imagined myself in such a predicament but here i am. should i see a specialist? my doctor i really trust doesn't think i need one but my father suggested it. i would never want to hurt anybody ever especially my girlfriend or if we ever split, someone else.

i would like too add, i have felt a rectum discomfort? a shock or electric charge sorta feeling. i don't know how to explain it. i never go to doctors but i finally decided this was the time. my tests are negative entirely. i also notice pain & then discharge, it seems the tip of the penis and or under it where the skin is very sensitive is irritated. i haven't had an erection in awhile and 0 to none sex drive. i almost stop acknowledging women all together right now. sex is the last thing on my mind. i did however masterbate once and my penis went really red in some areas. my *** was very lumpy and almost yellow. i don't know if this is something to be terribly concerned about. my throat feels kinda weird just lately. i looked up and notice almost a strain. feel my neck is weird. i got an appointment 2mw so i will see my doctor if he thinks i need too go and get into this any further. my medication is taking 2x daily but i haven't been on par with it. i will get on with it better then i have been. so i am told, anti-biotics doesn't cure prostatitis that it likely goes away itself.

if this is what it is, how can i live a normal healthy life? a family? kids? what if it was something else? i can't differ between skin discomfort and internal discomfort. my urination is frequent, my number two is usually really soft almost like the runs. any more help is appreciated guys.
Sometimes antibiotics will help prostatits, others not.  The course of treatment is to try the antibiotics and go from there.

All of your symptoms - the rectal pain, etc - are all common with prostatitis.  If you google male anatomy, you will be able to see where the prostate sits, and it will all start making sense to you.

I wouldn't worry at all about marriage, kids, etc at this point.  This all might clear up easily, and it will be wasted worry.

AJ
oh thank you so much. i noticed marks on my penis which were some what where the discomfort was located. it didn't puss or blister. the area is discolored but its not common symptoms as is in the case of herpes. i will check out the male anatomy. it sounds like it would bring clarity to mind. hun, i appreciate the peace of mind your bringing. my concern mainly is the penis discomfort. it tends to shift. sometimes my right side, other times my left side. this pain is mild. the pain in the rectum feels much like ... i don't know what to explain. an electric anal probe. very uncomfortable. do you suggest i see a specialist or should i just take the meds? i prob should let you know what there called. i don't have medical coverage right now. i am told the most common antibiotic is expensive the doctor prescribed me something different but the same equivalent. i appreciate everything again. its scary not knowing what is going on with your body. glad to hear this is something curable & manageable. i been wearing baggy jeans and holding my pockets out to keep from chafing my penis. glad this will go away. thanks again.
Take the antibiotics, and see if that helps.  If it doesn't, call your local health dept and ask what services they offer for those who don't have health insurance.  You might be able to see a specialist at greatly reduced prices or even free.

AJ
in all honesty, i missed a day taking my new medication for the prostatitis. my family GP says that i need to finish taking the meds just as you said.

is prostatitis normal to hurt on one side, say the left one day, maybe the right the next & or the pain appears and disappear randomly? i am concerned about the skin. as i have said, there is a red spots. they don't puss (not too my knowledge at least, surely i would notice puss but i use ointment so not sure), bit of discoloration, pain but it doesn't hurt too touch so i believe it is prostatitis as you have said.

the one thing that makes me uneasy is my doctor said that i would feel most discomfort when having a bowel movement & this isn't the case for me. i get sharp rectum pains, ones i can describe much like an electric anal probe, very painful to say the least. my whole body arcs upward. i get an uneasy urethra feeling and i notice clear discharge. i am pretty sure the likeliness of herpes and prostatitis would be pretty unlikely. my family GP has stopped checking me for herpes as he says 100% no chance as he checked my lymph nodes in my groin & testicles. says we all have imperfections in the skin, size, etc. nothing to be alarmed about.

i just got a call for my specialist dated June 18th. AuntieJessi, is there anything i should lookout for? i can't tell if the pain is on the inside or skin. i feel an uneasy feeling though. my pills are 2 week cycle and then i need too get a refill. any other info is greatly appreciated.  
I don't know what you are looking for here.  Your symptms are all very typical of prostatitis, and not at all typical of herpes.

Herpes pain wouldn't shift around.

Just because you don't have painful bowel movements doesn't mean you don't have prostatitis.  If you and I both got a cold, you might have congestion, sneezing, watery eyes and a sore throat.  I might have congestion, a runny nose, and a cough.  We both still have a cold, but everyone reacts differently to it in some ways.

AJ
thanks auntiejessi -

i took your advise and my doctors. i been taking the medication and the symptoms such as running, electric anal probe, discharge, penis pain, the runs, and others have dissipated. i was worried about herpes before cause on my left side & right side i had a rash area. one of the two sides would hurt. i am guessing it was from vigorous oral sex and chafing. i am almost out of the fucidin cream. i find it was helpful. i got a specialist dated for June 18th 9:15am which is sometime from now. looking forward too putting this too an end. would running be a bad idea? my doctor told me i can. i been worried about further penis complications but i don't want too do nothing. happy symptoms are relieving. thanks again.
oh btw, i was wondering is it common too have no appetite? i saw this a symptom of herpes so i was worried before. i eat and have lost a lot of weight. i eat now mainly cause the pills for prostatitis are twice daily, hard on the stomach so i need to eat before taking them and drink lots of water. this sickness of prostatitis prob makes the most sense. thanks again for your time. please let me know if physical activity is a bad idea!
Physical activity - as far as exercising, etc - is fine as long as you can tolerate it and it doesn't increase pain.

Stress can decrease your appetite, and it might be if your body is fighting an infection in your prostate.

AJ
thanks so much. i appreciate the additive information. i feel flu like symptoms. the day dream like state you feel when walking around when having the flu & the cold sweats worried me before. i have 0 sex drive right now which can be stress related & well a symptom of prostatitis so i hear. are you at all aware of fucidin ointment? if a guy was chafed a bit, would you suggest it? i got as hand blister and it fixed it in a day or so. i feel the odd discomfort if pants goes near the area but i think i maybe over sensitive here. i am currently using 56 apo-sulfatrim 400/80mg (co-trimoxazole400/80). i feel flu like when i take it but my symptoms are clearing up. i been going for walks. i usually run 3-6k in spring and increase it up too about 26k. with the chafed feeling i haven't bothered running much. i went on one and my penis started hurting again so i stopped. i feel so out of shape too. i was so out of breathe on a 1k run or less but it was on incline. felt like a heart attack so i took my mother's advise and stopped running despite my doctor saying its okay. i been going for walks, watching movies, and hangout with friends. my girlfriend i might add says she's gone for a pap test today and within the past 3months prior too today. supposedly she says it includes herpes and she has no symptoms so i should be all good. cannot wait too see this specialist in June but i want to live my regular life in the meantime. suggestions? i hate the chafed feeling i have in the penis area which shifts. it does happen to be discolored and its 8 weeks since the oral sex which brings me an uneasy feeling but multiple doctors say its not herpes so i am trying to chill out. i wish they checked me for an actual hsv 1 & 2 test & yeast. clotrimaderm makes me red & irritated despite the fact i am told it will clear me up. then again, i was using a q-tip. the doctor i spoke with says it can do this cause of the nature of the cream. i stopped using it but as i run out of the fucidin ointment i may start using it or not. my symptoms are gone. i just get an uneasy feeling at times when my pants rubs or  boxers rubs against. its always left side or right side. thanks again. i suppose the flu like feeling is the combo of the meds and the climate change from hot too cold again. thanks for your support, helps, advise, time, & everything.
i have had similar symptoms as have been stated above but i cannot tell the difference between skin (external) or urethra (internal). would you suggest a specialist in the form of a dermatologist or urologist or either or? i just wanna be better. i have experienced flu like symptoms but you also mentioned herpes simplex before. the girl i was dating despite our relationship being rocky says she has gone for a pap test also which includes all things like herpes and it says clear. i don't know if i can trust her cause she contradicts herself & i think she wants me back. what defining factor is out there that would bring suspicion too prostatitis over herpes or herpes over prostatitis? i have no pussing but areas of discoloration which i don't know to be a blister and they aren't raised. help please. i know i been outrageous here but i want this put too rest. specialists take awhile. you can't see my situation and symptoms details are not clear without a visual but from what i say - does this sound closer too this gentleman's situation or something other? why can't i get a culture for this stuff? i have no puss. is this why? if she is clear of anything & with the very limited chance of catching something from oral - this likely too be yeast or something else?
Helpme -

I can't advise you to use any meds, as I'm not a doctor.  You should check with your doc about this.

Jamestown -

I can't remember offhand, but weren't you refered to a urologist?  If that's the specialist your regular doc thinks you should see, then I can only agree with that.  Its helpful to me if you keep your questions to your own thread, so I can read up on what we've already discussed.

AJ

is prostatitis normally active and inactive? i noticed symptoms mostly strong at night. dribbles for urination and what not. i thought i may have blisters but the skin wasn't hard or anything just discolored. pain was on the left side and today discomfort was on the right. it was leaving me an uneasy feeling and upset stomach. i have a specialist in a urologist who checked my lymph nodes to be well in my groin and the markings she saw weren't of any concern so i am pretty sure it is prostatitis. the rectum discomfort is prob the biggest give away. i'll continue with the medication. i was told take it for 2 weeks but the bottle says 1 refill? consult a doctor for the follow up prescription or ...? follow up on prescription if symptoms continue? i will check into this 2mw if you don't get a chance to get back too me. thanks again. auntiejessi? are you a nurse? doctors told me to stop looking cause nothing is wrong but nurses said i have too look if i feel discomfort which is contradicting info. i know doctors are human, all the can do is prescribe a prognosis based upon symptoms and hope systematically that all goes well. any more info or suggestions are appreciated despite you not being a doctor. i will follow up with a physician 2mw about follow up prescriptions. thanks again.
LOL all that and I'm not sure what you needed me for - sounds like you worked it all out.  :)

I would follow up with the doc, as you suggested.

Aj
thanks again!
hey,
i went too the doctor. i went too a few places. i went too a local clinic for blood work & else where for chlymidiea & gonorea tests. did those tests twice, blood once. they said they couldn't find the other ones from other places cause it goes to a health place in Canada. blood was all fine. my Q: is - if a woman goes for her pap test, does that check for herpes? i was told it doesn't check for chlymidiea so i doubt it would check for herpes. any way, i am in a sorta limbo. not sure what do any more. got no clue what i got going on. i just wanna be better.
No her pap wouldn't find herpes or chlamydia, unless those tests were done specifically, apart from the pap.

Sorry you are in limbo still.

AJ
how hard would herpes be to spot? the simplex virus? i don't get blisters or puss and the symptoms all point too prostatitis but nobody is certain. i seen a post in here of a 20 yr old man suffering for 3yrs with these symptoms. i don't want my life to come too a stand still as its been this past while. any suggestions or places i can go to get checked for this in OShawa Ontario, Canada? or surrounding areas.  i don't have puss so i don't think they can do cultures. i am doubtful it is this but i hate being in limbo. they prescribed what i would take if i had gon or chly - just in case which apparently is a penacilyn shot. any suggestions aside from waiting for my June 16th appointment? i have seen quite a bit of doctors more then usual. they couldn't find my tests, not sure why. apparently it goes too the health board who contacts people if necessary. i don't want too be like fellow James and freakout seeing every doctor but this is out of hand. any suggestions is appreciated. thanks -
You need to relax.  Seriously.

This isn't herpes.  You won't suffer for 3 years, and you won't start obsessing if you don't let yourself.

You have a diagnosis.  Please don't let yourself freak in the meantime, ok?  Call your specialist and ask if you can be placed on a cancellation list in case anyone cancels in the meantime.

Aj
wow, your awesome. i believe it would be closed now as its 9:06pm - but i will do that first thing 2mw. would you suggest i bother doing the hsv1 & hsv2 tests? from what you say and from what i been told, i am 99% sure its not what i been fearing but that extra 1% will make me feel much safer. i just had the runs again just know but i didn't eat the healthiest of cereal. i am trying to rest. strange, i came back after the doctors office who didn't give any other info. it was suggested to take a prescription case the tests come back positive so i have the prescription now for the swab test but he is doubtful. he was going to check my prostate but i told him of the previous one and the prognosis.

the girl i am seeing stated that she asked for a std pap search too be done specifically. the vagina is searched in which case doesn't help me out much unless blood work was done to show no such antibodies present in her body as we never had sex, only oral. again, i appreciate this so much. i never thought of it nor did my mother. she's been very helpful as have you been.

it never seems to stop amazing me. my mother clearly doesn't have a penis. my father does and he some how doesn't understand the circumstance. we actually had an argument about it. i know he is growingly concerned about the number of doctors i have seen and well, now a specialist. however, my mother's been extremely understanding when biologically she would have no understanding of it. all i can make out of it is, a mothers intuition. while i was told it was in my head, seek help, she was there knowing something was wrong, that i was in pain. again thanks so much. any info or advise more will be helpful. i know other people could use your advise so i will do my best to give you a breather. THANKS!!!
ps: is it normal with prostatitis for pain to be shifting right or left one day pain another day none? its just so frustrating. thanks.
Actually, I don't know about that.  Your specialist can help with that answer.

You need to find out exactly what your gf was tested for.

AJ
kk so just so were on the same page, were at prostatitis? what was different from my prognosis based upon my details that differed from Jamestown? thanks again for everything. i will call the specialist 2mw for cancellations. very good idea. i was just under the idea prostititis hurts during bowel movements only. i dunno any more and i think the doctors are perplexed too even. thanks again. i am 99% sure of prostititis from my symptoms and visits. looking forward too the specialist. thanks again for everything.

oh btw, my girlfriend was tested for everything a std pap test would test for. she went and did one again. then again, unless they check blood for hvs anti-bodies it would say her vagina is clear in a pap test but i got oral so its useless regardless isn't it? i am pretty sure i am okay. just wish it was fine now. thanks.
I'm not going to compare you and Jamestown.  To be quite honest, I would have to go back and re-read all of his posts, and you can do that easily enough, and compare it yourself.

Prostatits doesn't have to cause pain during bowel movements, and can cause a lot of other pains.  Have you googled it?

Hope you feel better,
AJ
hey Auntiejessi,
yah i am feeling better. odd discomfort. i can't change it. having some faith all will workout. i am not as stressed as before. i prob will in all likelihood come ask you some more stuff eventually but i will try not too bother you. making changes for cancellation plans case a opp comes i can get in sooner. there is an std called tri ... something which apparently is much like penis lessions. do they typically check people for this? a guy messaged me and says he had prostate issues but there was a tie too that. maybe were just reaching here. pretty sure its prostatitis as you and my doctor have gone over. i haven't had that rectum pain no more. temporary penis pain but its fading. thinking the meds are helping and well it has one refill too go and i got more pills too take so i am pretty happy things are on the up & up. i don't know why you bother with any of us on here but i will tell you, if i ever win a lot of money, i will come find you.  :D no price you can place on peace of mind. aside from visiting the hospital, late at night we have no doctor too turn too. your messages kept me positive through the night. i really appreciate everything.
Do you mean trich?

You need to stop worrying about other causes.  You have been diagnosed with prostatitis and you are getting treatment for that.

With that treatment, your symptoms are improving, which lends credence to the diagnosis.

Hang in there,
AJ

The guy who messaged you would have been talking about Trichomonas, which you cannot get from oral sex.  You don't have that.  They do not typically check men for that, although I honestly believe they should.   However, it does not create penis lesions.
hey Auntiejessi,
your right. hun, i really appreciate everything. its so difficult going through such a terrible experience. i realize i been reaching for the worst case scenario. i'll do my best to relax, chill out, and stop jumping too conclusions. originally, i stayed off the internet cause i typed in my symptoms and well, i found things to make me worry more then relax. i called in today about cancellation sign ups to make my appointment sooner if possible. i didn't hear back from them but i am hopeful this is all settled soon. the girl i been with went and got checked out as i said with her pap .. what ever its called. not going back there cause its not a fond memory. she spoke with the medical staff who says this is typical in older males. i am only 22 but my father has had prostate issues. i think i been having issues for awhile as i experience the electric anal probe feeling the past year or more but never looked into it as i should have. i never had discharge aside from wet dreams when little. since not masterbating (masturbating) it probably is normal but i feel discomfort when it happens.

take into account the medication and all is helping. thanks a lot. i owe you. if i don't some how pay you back in this life time, i will in the next  :D cheers!
If your father has prostate issues, it makes it more likely that you will.

Hang in there - it will get better.

Aj
thanks hun, cheers!
okay, sorry to bother you again. i don't know why i did it but i am an idiot for it but i masterbated for one of the first times since the oral sex. i didn't feel any sorta discomfort on ejaculation but i feel discomfort at the bottom on the testicles & and around the pelvic/genital region mostly on my right side. my semen was thick & chunky, almost yellowish. the skin on the head of my penis went very flaky. i think this is usual for me but i wasn't sure. i noticed red spots but i was gentle. still concerned. i guess this is normal with prostatitis? thanks again. i wont do this again. its difficult having a high sex drive & then not acting on impulses. been so long. i wont again cause i don't want to make stuff worse. error on the side of caution. oh, again my father had prostate issues but nothing like this. he told me he had discharge while having bowel movements. i never noticed this. it usually happens seperate from bowel movements. its like penis discomfort & i check and i see the residue that is much like pre ***. i haven't found much pain since taking my medication for prostatitis. thanks again. any more suggestions or advise i would really appreciate!
btw - when i do see my specialist do you suggest i ask him for a blood test to check for hsv1 & 2? along with prostatitis? 99% sure its this but i guess safe then sorry is always the best right?
Your symptoms sound very consistent with prostate issues, and I see no reason to test for hsv1 and 2, unless you just want to know your status.

Your symptoms wouldn't be caused by herpes.

AJ
alright hun, thanks again.
i think its just the fact that the medication has been in effect for a bit now. i haven't noticed the rectum pain any more or less frequently, maybe once this week. i still have penis discomfort which makes me uneasy but i notice the medication i am taking is affecting skin cells. i am too stay clear of sunlight and artificial light while on this medication. i think i am bettering it is just discomforting at times. i appreciate everything.  looking forward too this being resolved. again i thank you.  
hey i don't want too start seeing doctors again. i got this far with no issue. i recently got red spots, they don't hurt on the head of the penis. i have however been getting flaky skin. i use too notice this after masterbation (masturbation) before i was ever sexually active. its now happening when i am perfectly normal and not doing that. should i get this checked out. it doesn't hurt in the least, its not blistered or anything. spots are red. not sure what the hell this is.
Are you on antibiotics?  That can cause a fungal infection.  You might want to get it checked.

AJ
hey Jess,
i wasn't trying too be a goof starting another topic. i really am appreciative and thankful for your help. i hate to keep bothering you. it just sucks. it will be 2months on May 9th. putting my faith in God & hoping for the best. i got checked out. the doctor prescribed me lamasil. i used Fucidin 5mg - 2 canisters which were samples sense i have no medical coverage. turns out my dad has some of his own here. prior too fucidin antibiotic cream, i used the yeast infection cream for bacterias. i am currently using a antibiotic i don't want too be using creams again. its so irritating. then again i want to get better so i'll do as i am told. 56 apo-sulfatrim 400/80mg (co-trimoxazole400/80) is what i am taking for prostatitis currently now 2x a day. my symptoms such as the rectum electric anal probe feeling has dissipated entirely. penis discomfort has gone as has the discharge for the most part. the doc said that antibiotics can cause this flaky redness. i haven't really applied anything on top of the penis head since fucidin or the clomatrodrim yeast cream. since the doc checked he denied herpes and claimed it would be leve 10 - extreamly painful which brings me too ease. its never kool having penis discomfort or uncertainty but he suggested retesting for hiv, syphilous and the others in blood test after it would be the 3month mark just for a safety precaution. says he sees nothing at all. i just saw your comment to another gentleman who said something about red spots, itch & flaky skin - you deemed him to checkout for fungus and possible herpes which worried me cause its not curable and nobody gave me the blood test. any who, i will chillout. i guess i should get my mom too purchase that lamasil cream for me. going too read up on what it does etc. thanks  again Jess - cheers!
He had bumps, not just flaky skin, and I believe I also told him that it wasn't likely he had herpes.

Stop worrying.  You are getting medical care, and that's what you need to do.

AJ
thanks!
its scary cause i seen doctors who like James got told he was insane, nothings wrong, seek psychiatric assistance, antidepressants, etc. i finally get diagnosed as prostatitis - which at times worries me cause i am so young i wonder if its just too put me at rest to stop bothering them however, i am told doctors have too tell all the risks & info. the last doc i seen said that i am by no chance hsv1 or anything as he said the pain would be level 10 in herpes - quite thankful for that. i get minor discomfort before, minimal pain but i think as Grace said my skin is terribly sensitive. looking forward to my progress bettering. :D thank you!
so i woke up to some terrible discomfort & received a new prescription from my doctor for cream that was supposedly better cause clomatrodrim contains an ingredient that can cause irritation. any way, i was told lamasil pills are very good & better then the cream but my pharmacist says i cannot take these two medications together so i went to seek medical council as i didn't want to prolong this any further. i also have no medical coverage so i thought i would see what was suggested.

i went too see Mrs. Dr. Vaughn. she was extremely helpful. she suggested i fill the prescription. she deemed my rash & irritation to be much like "jock rash" but because of prostatitis it is hard to determine the difference between external & internal discomfort at times as its not diagnosed exactly how serious the prostatitis is. she then checked the rash area. i was saying how i have no sex drive or erections. now i will add Dr. Vaughn is definitely the most attractive doctor i've ever met. she moved the skin around i went hard for the first time in a long while. terribly embarrassing but quite happy to be doing much better. looking forward to getting better. she suggested the meds i am on will do me well and lamisil will better be of the area. thanks again for everything guys. cheers!
hey,
thanks a lot guys for everything. i know you probably get outrageous amounts of mail and other. i haven't been to the doctors since i last told you. i have not had no sex drive what so ever and by that i mean erection till the awkward experience with the female doctor. i been trying to give you guys a break. i been driving all my loved ones in my family and friends insane. the consensus between Dr. Vaughn & Dr. Kinsmen said it was to their knowledge jock rash. i been feeling better the last little while. i get the odd discomfort here but nothing outrageous. i believe they are correct. i do believe it could be the prostatitis also as they said no std contributes too all the symptoms i provided them. so the combo of this may actually explain why i been feeling uncomfortable. i have no intentions of being sexually active anytime soon. this experience has scared me stupid. so enough of the talking. i am out of medication for the prostatitis and i never bought the lamasil cream. i know you guys aren't doctors, however do you suggest i spend the money on both the lamisil cream and the second refill for prostatitis pills? its just i feel like i am getting better but lately i been getting pains which makes me think i am not exactly better yet. i was out with my best female friend and i got a sharp penis pain. i looked and i saw no puss or area to be alarmed of. i have however, been running. now i was told that i can run with prostatitis assuming that it is this. with a bad case of prostatitis and say jock rash, would that be ignorant to run with? i don't want to keep bothering you guys. i am so greatful and appreciative for your support and feedback. if ever i could repay back this generosity i would be more then glad too. thanks for your thoughts. i only ask cause i have no medical coverage and currently unemployed. my parents will put up what i can't but with saving for school and other expenses its tight at times. appreciate your thoughts.

in a unrelated topic, my friend had an std scare and i directed him hear. he didn't even make up an account but he was freaking out as i was. he was looking at ****** things on the internet and scaring himself even more. i took your advise and my experience and i calmed him down. he's fine. it was scary that this was going on so long. again, thank you so much.
I would follow up with your doctor about the meds for the prostatitis.  Since you are under a doctor's care, I don't want to contradict anything he might say.  Has he already told you to continue to take it?  If that was the instructions, than continue it.  If not, check with him to get his advice.

As for the lamisil, if your doc told you to try that, it might be a good idea for you to.

AJ
okay. thanks so much. i don't want to continue to be a burden. thanks a lot. i am really appreciative for your time. i got my appointment June 18th. really looking forward. i am quite shook about it i just want to be better. thanks again.
When I got prostititus...I developed a ton of anxiety. To this day, I'm always coming up with things in my head to suggest that the symptoms I am feeling are due to something other than prostititus. I'm trying hard to keep things in perspective when it comes to prostititus. There are times when it gets the best of me and my imagination runs crazy. Anxiety heightens the sensations as it pertains to prostititus. I have read your symptoms, I'm no professional.......but I do speak from experience....you have prostititus and you need to believe it. This will help in managing it. Not only that....it helps with the stress. The question I have....is what type? If its ongoing....perhaps the chronic type.....which is the trickest of them all to manage. Its hard to believe something the size of a wal-nut can cause such chaos in the groin region. But I'm here to tell you.....its true!  
well, its jock rash or something similar combined with prostatitis. my father's had prostate issues which increases in my account ten fold. i am christian and i keep guilt tripping myself over this. before this event i was uncomfortable with intimacy with a woman. in all honesty i was insecure and now i am so guilty for being so dumb. you never know how good you have it till you lose something. its almost been 3months. the problems with rectum pain disappeared. the last doc said it could be hemroids as its a sharp pain that disappears. i know my father has had this problem before and i noticed my brother who is twenty one told me he has had a sharp pain before. i have no coverage and my penis is uncomfortable with both the skin and other. i had shedding on the top before but none recently. i got told cause of the cream and possible the clomatrodrim. i went to the doctors so many times. its so scary. i just wonder if this when i get told you know? i am so ambivalent about seeing the specialist. i just want too know i can go back to my old life but not back living in blissful ignorance. i researched herpes which is what i am terrified and prostatitis. i was pretty sure i am fine from my main course of fear but then i got this reoccurance and it sucks. i hate this. ironic though, it started mostly having stopped my medication and i have been running which may play into the greater significance. Jess, you owe me nothing and i feel forever in your debt. i was never as bad as jamestown but i did reach some lows and i could relate. i never believed in fear till this in my life and it consumed me. it sucks. any help, advise or anything. my mom's been working so i haven't got my meds. will 2mw. i want the cream. using fucidin too. i have appreciated your help. thanks for everything.
Since you don't have medical coverage, call your local health dept and ask about assistance programs, medicaid, etc.  

You'd be surprised, and you might qualify for a lot of things.

AJ
thanks a lot Jess. my mom is looking into medications and speaking the our pharmacist who is a friend of my mom and our family. i appreciate everything. is jock rash & jock itch the same thing? i saw jamestown's post and i am concerned with a few things here. two doctors were in agreement through out this experience. all said it wasn't herpes but they said a rash or skin irritation which is a rash. any way, i found jock itch online but nothing about jock rash. i was told about sprays by Dr. Vaughn and Dr. Kinsmen who both were in agreement. Dr. Kinsmen was awesome cause he was saying i was wired on anxiety and stress as nobody was being helpful.
Joch itch and rash are the same thing.

AJ
i am on prostatitis meds & as of tomorrow i'll be using Lamasil. my mom & i spent so much on medication. i just wanna be better. i hate this experience. i just don't want to get my hopes up and then fall back again like i am now. i was entirely better or so i thought. i been going on walks but it is hot out and i get sweaty which can irritate i am sure. possible even cause chafing. the duel effect of prostatitis and jock is so unpleasant. i have had it before. it stung and was irritative. it was on the inner part of my leg not penis. i never experienced chafing and this went away so much quicker. i read hsv1 & 2 and i guess cause i haven't had puss and it would have shown signs long before and the fact their not raised lesions and aren't that pussing i should relax. it just sucks going through this for so long. i hope lamasil does me a miracle. i know herpes is reoccurring. this thing is being so dumb. i hate it. i appreciate any other advise. thanks
If you've been diagnosed with jock itch, go with that.  Don't worry about herpes.

And seriously, check on assistance programs.  They can really help in situations like yours.

Aj
Jess, they diagnosed it as prostatitis and jock itch. the rash being jock itch. i am using lamasil 2times a day which i believe is helping things. my Q: to you is that i get this uncomfortable feeling in the head of my penis. i see nothing that brings an alarm to me but i have this feeling were its like; i guess the best explanation is the feeling of tension in the penis similar to before a man releases during intercourse however, there is no release. i suppose this is the prostatitis feeling. my appointment is soon. little nervous about this. i thank you so much for everything. how rare is for someone to have these two issues at the same time? coincidence or error in diagnosis?
Seriously you need to relax ,the more you stress the more you will see everything as a potential symptom of something that it's not ...... Prosatitis is very common in young men and an enlarged prostate will give the feeling of your bladder not being fully emptied hence you will feel the need to urinate more often ..... I have mentioned to others on here the need to stay calm,anxiety can cause more problems than the actual condition......

Daisy

helpmeplease, check out some of my posts

I have had very similar symptoms... I tested positive for a strep infection of my urinary tract. Maybe you had the same thing (I caught it from rec'ing oral)
i have not freaked as bad as Jamestown but i hit rock bottom and was thinking some really negative thoughts. i haven't had regular frequent urinations in the past while. i know my fathers had this enlarged prostate issue however, he never experience penis discomfort like i have. the fact that i am Christian and i have beat myself to death with acting on my sexual urges hasn't helped. i have began to relax a lot more. i acknowledge whatever it is i cannot stop it. i can just seek medical assistance. it really sucks. i am twenty two years old. i haven't been sexually active prior to this situation. i am very uncomfortable with nudity. i have seen quite a few female doctors and i am clearly not at my best which is embarrassing but its so far and beyond that now.

i never knew how good i had it till this past almost three months now. so, i got told it was in my head much like James but then they checked my prostate cause of rectum issues and the semen like ejaculate and deemed it to be enlarged prostate. they did not say the bacteria cause or anything. i just know my father has it as he has stomach issues - we both have acid reflux. apparently a lot of these issues are common with heart patience as heart attacks are in our family blood line.

i am trying to calm myself too cause i know stress will add to increasing issues and my irrationality. it really sucks. the also claim the rash to be jock itch which i get from running but never on the penis itself. on apo-sulfatrim and lamasil cream right now. any advise is greatly appreciated. i thank everyone for any of their advise. i got a specialist middle June. i am so ambivalent in that i am excited to get this over and dealt with, terrified to findout its herpes or something awful. i haven't had puss so i am trying to dismiss negative notions as i am not a doctor and irrational in my thinking. thank you all again.
I'm having the same kind of problems but I don't know if it is my prostate or a urinary obstruction because I have urinary frequency, spraying of urine, not much pain. I'm on antibotics for prostatitis and I dont think it is working even though it has only been less than a week now. I did the scope and they found nothing.
hey man, thanks for the advise for the Lamsil cream. its greatly appreciated. it can't hurt to try. to Jazzman - i been taking mine for sometime now. the frequent urination stopped. i still have penis pain which apparently is jock itch. i got a urologist in June. i been waiting sometime for one. cannot wait to get better. take your medication as follows, lots of water mine requires and avoiding the sunlight and or artificial light. i appreciate the positive feedback. any other advise or other is appreciated.
Jess, what were you talking about assistance programs? what for? no medical coverage or? i don't have pain really, slight discomfort at times. two red spots but i mean, they don't hurt to touch. using the lamasil cream and i get better. Jazzman, i believe its consistency in use of the antibiotics. i haven't had frequent urination or rectum pain in some time now which i believe is the medication.  doctors told me that the large prostate is preventing the track of urination to go which leaves us with the not so empty bladder feeling or not so strong urine stream. its not the worst thing that can happen to us both and i much prefer this then herpes. damn straight. quite happy to be getting better. i think the key to it all is keeping occupied with either family or friends and when alone watching tv or movies just to keep your mind off of it. if anyone else has suggestions its appreciated. thanks.
Yeah it is hard to keep your mind off of it because when you are home and bored if can't help but think about it. I will continue to take my meds and if I don't get better, get a second opinon from a urologist. The funny thing is the symptoms really don't start affecting me until the night time. During the day or at work I seem fine for the most part
i am no doctor but i think Grace or Jessi will back that your body slowing down and the prostate is likely at its largest causing the problem we have with frequent urination. i wish i new how this happened. they just told my father the same thing as me when he was in his thirties that his prostate is enlarged and that he should watch it. i am twenty two. i hate this. i just started wearing jeans again and boxers. its not a pleasant experience. i got the penis swab to check for std. it was ******* painful experience. dude, i know where your coming from. restrain from stress. i was wondering if medication can cause random sweating? i keep having sweats when not cold or hot or anything? i wonder if it is a thing due to medication or prostatitis. take Jessi's advise and look up male anatomy in reading about enlarged prostate issues. you'll understand it better. i would love to know how i got this and why this damn rash has been so long. any thoughts is appreciated.
skin rash

Less common

Aching of joints and muscles; difficulty in swallowing; pale skin; redness, blistering, peeling; sore throat and fever; unusual tiredness or weakness;

Rare

Abdominal or stomach cramps and pain (severe); abdominal or stomach tenderness; anxiety; confusion; difficult breathing; drowsiness; fever; general feeling of illness, hallucinations; increased thirst; muscle pain or weakness; nausea; nervousness; stiff neck and/back;
Increased sensitivity of skin to sunlight, dizziness; headache; loss of appetite; mouth sores or swelling of the tongue; nausea or vomiting; tiredness

couple nights ago i went for a walk through the park at about 12:30am. everyone in my home was sleeping. it was a clear night. i love stars and thought i would take a walk. i laid back on the bleachers listening to the ipod to clear my mind stargazing. in regards to haullucinations, before someone decides to throw a net over me and take me away, i kept seeing something or someone out the corner of my eye which would make me paranoid. i look and nothing is there. i get confussed and relax then it happens again. i realize now its a side effect of the medication. i wont drive. it only happened in the dark i will add and it wasn't severe or a regularity but i thought i would note it. i think i am getting better though and i am really excited about havign my old life back with the renewed appreciation i have for life.
so i got a Q:
i got my specialist, a urologist middle this month less then two weeks now. i am terrified. my Q: is, if i was told by multiple doctors its not herpes based upon visual examinations including hospital, family GP, and walk in, what is the likeliness a specialist with additive knowledge can and will likely contradict what they said? i been diagnosed as prostitis but by a walkin clinic doctor and jock itch based upon the rash which is bettering. no puss or feaver blisters. the only flu like symptoms i have had is the runs which could be based upon poor dieting likely cause of my state of mind and current health. i haven't had pain in a bit and don't want to hold my breathe. i just realize how great i once had it and i want my old life back. i am twenty two years old. i want to date, i want to experience love and more. i have no intentions on having premarital or any sorta of sexual conduct again till marriage following my Christian faith. i haven't had sex but i think after having the oral sex i really guilt tripped myself likely making this experience that much worse. again, i thank Grace, Jessi, and anyone that advises me past or present. thanks.
You don't have herpes.  If it makes you feel better, ask for a herpes blood test.

You don't have it, though.  None of your symptoms are similar to herpes.

AJ
i am trying to relax. i was at church on Sunday and i said i had enough with all this non-sense. i just want to get better and i got to pull myself out of this. i was losing it on saturday. i went entirely the whole night without sleep. they think i have an anxiety disorder which i want to take control of before this thing gets out of control. i have a limited sex drive. i have also noticed myself blacking out lately. i went to the washroom at my best female friend's house. i tried to use her washroom. when i failed to go i went to stand up and i went light headed. my leg buckled and i fell against what i thought was a wall but was really a door. i blacked out. i felt someone poking me. i just gasped for a breathe. i find my best female friend standing over me giving me water. she helps me up and i then notice my pants and stuff down. i haven't ever been more embarrassed in life.

i don't know what the **** is wrong with me. i hate this. i don't wanna see any more doctors though. i have seen enough. i think it may have to do with low iron level and the combo of stress/anxiety as i have my appointment with the specialist. i am fearful of getting contradicting news from the specialist. i just want to tell you i appreciate you help. i mean, this doesn't do anything for your life. i had enough of this. i am taking control. moving on with my life. i thank you again.
If you pass out again, please get seen for that.  People don't pass out for no reason.

In the meantime, good luck to you.

Aj
thank you Jessi & Grace + others. i have bothered the medical staff for awhile and i am thankful how supportive and helpful people have been. i spoke with my ex today. i just got news today of my best friend's sister coming down with cancer. it was misdiagnosed by a doctor a year ago. a new bump was taking out which wasn't cancerous however, the cells around it were. any way, the girl, my ex told me she got called back for her pap test that the cells scanned needed to be scanned again that she may have cancer. then she says they will do another one in 6months. this is a prime reason why i have trouble keeping my sanity with her. if someone had cancer they would get them help not check for something later and she went onto say she could have it. frig i am so annoyed i ever got involved with her. a sweet girl but a mistake non the less.

Jessi, Grace, anyone, what is the likeliness of the specialist contradicting these past doctors diagnosis? i have heard some on here and it concerns me. i just want my life back you know? i am entirely putting my faith in God and saying my prayers. the sad part is i haven't had sex yet and the truth is that i may have something ever before i ever do. i'll keep reinforcing positivity that i have recieved from you and the doctors that it is prostiatitis and jock itch, nothing else. any way, thank you so much. do you suggest i get checked for this blackout? i haven't had it again but i have had the faint feeling once more without the falling. thoughts? thanks.
Hey, let it go man.  Take it easy.  believe me, genital herpes is VERY easy to detect just by looking at it.  Essentially any doctor will be ablke to tell clearly if it is herpes.  herpes has a very distinctive characteristic about it.  What may be more difficult is that if it NOT herpes, they may have more difficulty and need to run more tests to determine exactly what it is.  But, if it were herpes, they (any of them) would no it.  If you have had one, two now even three doctors say it isn't herpes, believe them.  It isn't herpes.  Put yourself at ease, get out from under the undue stress and relax about it.

By the way, jock itch (rash) can be a real bear to get rid of.  

Words of experience on both accounts above man.  

All the best.
It sounds like your friend has HPV.  Right now, she probably has an abnormal pap smear.  Yes, these are sometimes called pre-cancerous, but very rarely does this turn into cancer.  Obviously, the doctors aren't too concerned, or they wouldn't be having her wait 6 months to test again.

This is VERY common.  80% of people will have HPV in their lifetimes.  I am sure she is a little scared, but she is going to be just fine, and there is nothing to worry about right now.

You don't have herpes, ok?  

Aj
thanks again. i'll get checked out if i blackout again. thanks for everything.
to everyone that has commented here the past 3 + months at any point and time who have brought me peace of mind at one time or another, i would like to thank you. i seen my specialist, a urologist. he assured me it wasn't herpes and did a check on my prostate. he doesn't believe it is prostititus but he told me to finish my pills. i am on my last refill with maybe a week or so left. i am to follow through on that, they did some tests and will be in touch with me if anything is up. i was told to contact him if necessary. i celebrated a friend's birthday this weekend and went camping. i had a good time for the first time in ages. again, i am appreciative to everyone. i just had a Q: under the penis, i have a sorta lump. now, i know each males have different sorts of groves and or bumps for female pleasure during intercourse. my Q: is: how do they differ between that and cancer? also, if your physically examined, would they notice it right away? i just noticed some pain there. i wonder if it could be the combination of the excessive examinations, nerves, medication, and other. i was also urinating while camping so i am sure it could be the reason. again, thanks to everyone that helped me through a dark time. all the best.
Lumps can be many things, from normal to cancer.  Your doctor should see this.  Don't ever assume a doctor will notice things.  Some things that seem HUGE to you are very small, and might be missed during an exam.

I have even gotten a mirror and showed my doc exactly what spot I am talking about.  Don't hesitate to do that.

But I am glad you are feeling better, and are starting to enjoy things again.  :)

Aj
Thanks so much for everything. next Q: is there anything more i can do in regards to privacy? ways in changing usernames but keeping my account etc.? i just want to best mask this. i would never want this personal information to leak out into the public despite having been cleared of all things. thanks again for everything.
You can contact medhelp and they can remove your account and all your posts if you'd like.

grace
http://www.dph.sf.ca.us/sfcityclinic/stdbasics/stdchart.asp

how probable is HPV from Oral sex? Q: a friend just started wigging out and he spoke with me. i told him to go get checked out. it could be likely from vigorous sex however he just said oral sex. its weird too cause so much **** can happen from some of the most innocent of actions. being Christian, i think i guilt tripped myself into a lot worse of things. they were checking me for cancer and other non-sense which made matters worse. as for doctors, i know there human however, they missed Cancer with a friend. its horrible so i guess getting multiple opinions is intelligent. thanks for everything and any additional advise for my friend. i told him to go to a walk in clinic if he is ashamed to see his family doctor but recommended his family doctor. hopefully he is alright.
Oral hpv is considered rare.  In all my time (15 years) in this field, I haven't seen a case of it.  If he is concerned, then he should see a doctor.

Aj
thanks Jess. he has said things seem better so i suppose he should be alright. he was freaking out as was i before. i appreciate all the help. even though i am not a doctor, if i were to see situations on here which resembled my issue, is it alright to give advise? i mean, it could be far from my situation but i think even the slightest temporary relief from temporary insanity is great. i think suggesting a doctor is always the best. Jessi? what field medically are you in if you don't mind me asking? you truly are a good person. i been going mad this past almost 5months. since seeing Doc Gibson, my specialist, i have been much better. i may in fact see him again. he did say something unusual, he mentioned that men can get the odd discomfort in the penis which in fact can resort from paying to much attention. i acknowledge the fact that its not the most painful feeling i have ever experienced but it is unusual till oral sex. i suppose focusing on it is bad. my friend noticed red marks since sex. i told him that it likely is from vigorous sex. said it cleared up so i hope he is okay. i can't believe how many people are so ignorant but are sexually active. i myself am and shouldn't be active not knowing the risks out there prior to this. there is still much i am unaware of. if i ever win the lottery, i promise to look both you & Grace up. i can't stress enough the level of relief you both brought. i am so graceful. i been going to church regularly since. honestly, the oral sex was extremely pleasurable but not worth the stress, anxiety, and hell i went through. one doctor i met, he was a strict rekigious doctor who just told me that pre-marital sex isn't for me. i learned my lesson to move on. my father however said that i am a man and i typically will engage in activity again. i suppose just being safe and a clean partner. i don't want to be ignorant again. little nervous as for how to go about the future. i am a good looking guy, early twenties, in good shape, and i get passes from the girls regularly. i feel so guilty being religious and being enticed by the girls but i am only human. i never want to be stupid again till marriage. not worth it. i really again appreciate everything.
If you think you have info that can help people, then by all means, answer some posts.  We do try to not get into religious aspects, so while that is important to you, it would be helpful to just address the physical questions.

Everyone has different beliefs about sex before marriage, and I think its important to remember that sexuality is a natural part of us, and we just need to find ways to express it that don't make us feel badly.  If that's waiting until marriage for you, then that's a good thing.  

Aj
again, i want to thank everyone for being more then helpful. i been away and off the site for sometime. i been looking for employment which i found. at the sametime, i noticed some white spot on my penis. i think it could be just pearly papuoles. i been free of this for awhile now since i got clearance from a specialist. my concern was herpes and prostatitis at the time. in the past, a doctor said it could be hpv, one said penile worts, and others said pearly papuoles. i start this job tomorrow. i don't want to go back to where i was before. do i need to check this out or can i move on with my life? i haven't had an errection in so long. since the positive advise & feed back from the specialist, i was positively moving forward with my life. i don't want to start this all over again however, i don't want a situation to get worse. can i move on with my life or should i do a precautionary check up? thanks again for everything in advance.
Since you tend to get very worried abut things, then yes, I would get this checked out.  Its probably nothing, but it never hurts to get checked.

Aj
thanks again Jess.

so, i seen a doctor who mentioned pearly papuoles as possible virus. she said what i have is nothing to worry about. said its the common pearly papuoles whereas some men get a virus which causes a unpleasant infection.

i am pleased to have had you and many other's helpful advise. i gotta take responsibility for my actions over the past 7+ months. i think i made things that much worse for myself. i really lost control and a doctor said i was suffering from OSSD depression. i read up stats of depression in young people today and the numbers are so high within many late teens and early twenty year olds. the number of medically prescribed anti-depressants and other pills is incredible.

so, i told myself i wasn't going too have sex again till i am married but who am i kidding? i am fighting against the inevitable. i went to church the other day and acknowledged a cute girl there checking me out. i then fanatsized about being with her sexually which then brought on a on slought of guilt. i am planning on talking to my local church priest. i don't know what to do from here but think twice about my actions. i am so thankful for the help i have gotten here from everyone (especially Jess & Daisy).

i know there is not full proof means of not catching an std aside from abstinence. i know i decrease the chances by wearing a condom. in a loving, trusting, healthy relationship, is it not problematic though if a guy refuses to have intercourse without a condom? i been refusing sexual activity. i guess i just didn't know the numbers of cases. everyone believes it wont happen too me until it does. i just found out about a close female friend age 19 who has hpv. i just found out the other day another close female friend caught a terrible strain of hpv that likely causes cervical cancer or has a extremely high probability of doing so. this was her first partner. i feel sick and want to help. i had trust issues before this but i mean, this is even worse.

aside from condoms, being in a monogomous relationship, what else should be done? i think manditory before having sex, i should make sure my partner and i are checked out for std. is it wrong or selfish? helpful advise is good. i am back to having my life but i still hold onto this because i don't wanna be like most people who get a second chance but go back to their old ways. i refuse. my plan is to wait but if i don't, take all the precautions possible. thanks again. any advise is appreciated. :) cheers Jess & Daisy!
I won't argue with your beliefs, but you are a young man and sexual thoughts are totally normal.  There is nothing wrong with thoughts, ok?  I bet your priest will even tell you that.  

:)

Aj