hey doc
i had insertive oral sex with a sex worker 17 days back. for the past three days I'v been experiencing frequent urination and on and off diarrhea. im on holiday in india at the moment and im going back to australia next week. and there is no pain or any discharge from my penis only frequent urination and i'v been worrying about this past incident for the whole 17 days postexposure and it is killing me now. please advice what steps i should take
thank you
i have done a full blooad count, test for syphillis and HPV on the 10 day mark and i got a full urine report at the two week mark. all came normal
The test for syphilis was too soon but I don't think it should be a concern from this exposure anyway. Frequent urination is more often a sign of anxiety than of an STD and it does seem like you've been worrying a lot over this. Was the urine test done at a sexual health clinic?
no it was not. it was just a normal urine test (full urine count). I have been thinking of this matter 24/7 trust me been on these forums a lot. got no idea now as i dont know this place properly. i think they dont have proper STD clinics. helpless
This is something that can wait till you're back in Australia I think  
thanx tony. im just worried if ill give it to my girl friend here :S
oral sex isn't safe sex but overall it's low risk. If your urine testing was negative, odds are you didn't contract a bacterial std .

since you have a regular partner to protect, repeat your syphilis testing after 6 weeks just to err on the side of caution. No idea what hpv testing you had done but there are none currently that we recommend for detecting genital hpv infections in males. if it was hpv urine testing, it's of limited value and I'm not sure at all what the waiting period for detection is to know if it was at all helpful or not.  the complete blood count you had done also was of no use for testing for std's.

grace
thanx grace!!! i just spoilt my whole holiday because of this stupid act. i just got a full blood count to see if there is any increase of WBC count in order to see if im suffering from any infection thanx again
you usually don't get a significant increase in wbc's with std's though it varies from person to person.  
thanx grace. the feeling to urinate frequently passed away and even the diarrhea :S dont know whats up now.. will have to get testes as soon as im in melbourne.