STDs Community
how long does it take for symptoms of STDs to develope?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how long does it take for symptoms of STDs to develope?

i am an 18 year old male, i have played sports my whole life and am relatively healthy.  I was wondering how long does it take for symptoms of gonorrhea or chlamydia to develop?  my symptoms are slight burning while i urinate and an itch on the bottom of the shaft just after i urinate. The burning only lasts while i urinate, but the duration of the itch varies.  The girl i am presently does not have either of these and we have had both protected and unprotected sex, the only other girl i have had sex (also protected and unprotected) with i haven't even seen in a little over a year.  Does anyone know what this could be?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
It could be gonorrhea or chlymida. Symptoms present within 2 weeks, but they may be mild or they might not show up at all. Or it could be a UTI or irritation.
Best advice is to see a Dr and see what he/she thinks and you can even test for STD's at the time.

How long has it been since you first couple of times that you had unprotected sex with this current girl?
Blank
its been almost 2 months now, but she has none of the symptoms what so ever
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
No symptoms doesn't mean no infection.  Men are more likely to get symptoms than women are, so I'd suggest you get tested, just to be sure.

Aj
Blank
ok well just today the symptoms i had went away, now i only have an itch in the tip for literally a second anfter i pee
Blank
the symptoms returned again (burning and itching), is that normal for the symptoms to disappear and then reappear like that?
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
In STD's you either have symptoms or you don't, but they can be mild. Best action is to see a Dr. He/she will be able to examine you and test you and give you the proper treatment. It's better to get it out and treated then do nothing.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank