how long does it take for symptoms of STDs to develope?
i am an 18 year old male, i have played sports my whole life and am relatively healthy.  I was wondering how long does it take for symptoms of gonorrhea or chlamydia to develop?  my symptoms are slight burning while i urinate and an itch on the bottom of the shaft just after i urinate. The burning only lasts while i urinate, but the duration of the itch varies.  The girl i am presently does not have either of these and we have had both protected and unprotected sex, the only other girl i have had sex (also protected and unprotected) with i haven't even seen in a little over a year.  Does anyone know what this could be?
It could be gonorrhea or chlymida. Symptoms present within 2 weeks, but they may be mild or they might not show up at all. Or it could be a UTI or irritation.
Best advice is to see a Dr and see what he/she thinks and you can even test for STD's at the time.

How long has it been since you first couple of times that you had unprotected sex with this current girl?
its been almost 2 months now, but she has none of the symptoms what so ever
No symptoms doesn't mean no infection.  Men are more likely to get symptoms than women are, so I'd suggest you get tested, just to be sure.

Aj
ok well just today the symptoms i had went away, now i only have an itch in the tip for literally a second anfter i pee
the symptoms returned again (burning and itching), is that normal for the symptoms to disappear and then reappear like that?
In STD's you either have symptoms or you don't, but they can be mild. Best action is to see a Dr. He/she will be able to examine you and test you and give you the proper treatment. It's better to get it out and treated then do nothing.