STDs Expert Forum
hsv 2 risk really worried

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

hsv 2 risk really worried

Dr my question is can hsv2 cause neck stiffness its been 6 months since my exposure from csw and i have done few tests at 8 weeks herpes test type igg neg for hsv2  and pos for hsv 1 again at 3 months and  5months neg for hsv2 in all three tests done in lab corp in California and  two tests in Florida.
I have never had an outbreak and haven't seen any blisters or sore on penis, its past 6 months now i still have mild itching on the foreskin and  crotch area and my foreskin is getting  dry and turning little white at the base,I have a broken tooth on my lower right side jaw not sure if that is relevant to neck symptoms,I also noticed white coating on my tongue for few months now i can brush it away not sure if its thrush i tested neg for hiv at 5months and all other std s i am concerned about itching on my penis and skin turning little white at the base this this sounds like Herpes or hpv symptoms please advice thanks.
My goodness, you have been stuck on this for months now despite the assurances of Terri on the HSV Expert Forum and Grace on the HSV Community site that HSV is not a concern.  Your exposure in April was condom protected and thus VERY, VERY low risk for HSV.  Since then, despite no need to do so, you have been repeatedly tested with tests for HSV IgG antibody which are negative.  Yet you continue to fixate on the possibility that you got herpes.  This is faulty thinking and is not doing you any good.  You need to move on.  To continue to worry about HSV is distracting, may impair your interactions with others, and if something is really going on, keep you from having it evaluated.  

The symptoms you describe are not suggestive of HSV. Genital itching of the sort you describe is more often than not is the result of increased vigilance leading to awareness of normal skin sensations that are typically overlooked when the area is not focused upon.

I hope this helps. You really need to put your concerns about HSV aside and move forward.  EWH
ok thanks Dr i think you are right i will take your advice and move on.
Great. Glad I could help.  EWH