This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

hvs2

I recently had relations with an ex-fiance that I trusted. Afterwards I had a raw area on the skin around my vaginal opening and assumed that it was from friction. A couple of days later I had a pressure or internal feeling of swelling in my abdomin (abdomen) and the inside of my vagina. About a day or two after that the skin around my vagina and vulva became extreemly inflamed and itched intensly. I then had a thick white pasty discharge and everywhere the discharge touched or collected down there, began to itch. The next morning the thick white discharge changed to very watery with white clumps(like cottage cheese). The discharge had a mild starchy odor to it. I began a 3 day yeast infection supository and external itch cream and the swelling and irritation went down. The itching has almost disapeared. However I now have a couple of sores down there. One looks like a puss filled red bump, the other two look like a lesion however I did itch down there a lot leaving it raw. I have no pain when urinating, the soars blead a little when rubbed but they don't hurt they are just tender. I also have noticed that the area where your kidneys and your ovaries are has become a little tender. I have had symtoms (symptoms) for a little less then a week and it seems that they are starting to clear up. Does this sound like a nasty yeast infection or herpes.
You need to go see your doctor today to find out what is going on. The longer you wait the less likely you are to get an accurate lesion culture if they do suspect this is herpes. Also I'd cover your butt and get a baseline hsv1 and hsv2 blood test done too.  This might just be your first obvious reactivation of a prior herpes infection and not a newly acquired infection so the blood test will help you figure that part out.

grace