STDs Community
hysterectomy and stds!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

hysterectomy and stds!

hi all, just wanted a bit of advice. i am 26 and due to child birth complications i had to have an hysterectomy when i was 23. i have been wiv my partner for 9yrs and made a stupid mistake 3yrs ago. i had unprotected sex with a guy a few times and am now worried about stds. i know its my own fault but we all make mistakes. neither of us r showin any symptoms although i know this is possible. the only thing to be a problem is that my partner keeps gettin an abcess (abscess) on his tonsil and i am worried this cud be a sign. sumthin that is really confusing me though is that when i had my hysterectomy i was told i wud no longer need smear tests or get periods (which is great). i have also been reading on the internet that stds such as chylamidia and gonerreha will attack the womens cervix and womb but i have not got these anymore so is it even possible for me to get these stds. i am really confused and any help wud be welcomed x
you can still get stds..they can cause symptoms on the labia, or in the vagina besides others...I doubt the abcess (abscess) is related to an std  does hes smoke/drink alot...?
Avatar n tn
thank you for ur reply, yes he does smoke and drink, everyday without fail.
I agree.  You still need to see your doctor for check ups, though.  I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago, and I see my doc for a pap of the vaginal wall every 3 years, and a breast exam every year (but I'm 40 - you won't need it as often probably, depending on your family risk).

You can get stds, though this doesn't sound like an std.

Aj