Here are the facts: I`m a 25 yr old male heterosexual from canada. Went to a message parlor last night. Received oral sex using a condom. When i ejaculated it felt like it had broke, but i checked the condom afterwards and it had not (i went to bathroom and filled it with water and no leaks). Then i took a shower and for some studid reason used the bar of soap in their shower to clean my penis. I have exceedingly nervous.
Here are the questions:
1) this morning it kind of feels like the tip of my penis is slightly burning and my throat feels tight. Could i already have symptoms of an STD, do i have a measurable risk?
2) Could using the bar of soap give me anything
3) im leaving tommorow for 3 week hike and won`t have access to medical personal so i`m terrified i will develop puss or whatever symptom while on the hike...could not immediately treating cause greater problems (infertility?!)
4) if i get an STD test tommorow (thursday) how long would it take to get results usually..are there any quick tests?...
Oral sex is low risk for STDs even without a condom. With a condom that remains intact, there is no risk for anything. Also, the answers from Vance2335 (below, but posted before I saw your question) are exactly right. To repeat them:
1) Given the condom use, it is not possible that you acquired an STD. An STD is not a possible explanation for the symptoms, both for that reason and because, as Vance said, no infection can cause onset of symptoms less than 2 days after exposure.
2) If you massaged soap into your urethra, that's probably the cause of the problem. Soap in the urethra is irritating, often causing pretty severe pain on urination.
3) You can expect your symptoms to clear up. I wouldn't worry about being away from professional health care on account of this problem.
4) Every person who is sexually active outside a mutually monogamous relationship should be tested for STDs from time to time. If that applies to you, this would be a good time to be tested, since it is on your mind. But that advice has nothing at all to do with your recent massage parlor adventure or your current symptoms. If you get tested, you can expect results for urethral infection (gonorrhea, chlamydia) in 2-3 days -- although in a hurry-up situation, your doctor or clinic might be able to ask the lab for results the next day.
Bottom line: You can expect your symptoms to clear up rapidly. You cannot possibly have acquired an STD, but feel free to get tested if you wish.
This is not the Dr's section, but from everything I read if no leaks in the condom you are good and oral sex is very low risk.
1) STD's do not show up that early, earliest is 2-5 days.
2) The bar of soap could have irritated your penis. If the soap gets inside then it could do that. I have had that happen several times.
3) If you develop something then you may have to live in discomfort for sometime but I think it is long tirm infection where it can cause problems.
4) If you get one tomorrow most tests take days to get back and the incubation period is a couple of days.
From everything I have read from the Dr's they do not recommend testing unless you develop a symptom, espically from such a low risk encounter.
I apologize for my responce because this is the Dr's form. Please idiot123464 disreguard anything I have said because the Dr is the better person to answer this then me. Once again I apologize to both of you.
just have a few small question: If i did get those results ordered more quickly..would that affect their accuracy? How quickly can an STD test accuractely pick up the presence of an STD? soap in the urethra could irrate me even the next day?
The accuracy of testing is not affected by how fast the results are reported. (The lab would not do a different, more rapid test. They would just run your test and/or report the result more quickly.) Testing for urethral STDs (gonorrhea, chlamydia) is accurate within a couple days of catching it. As I said above, I don't recommend such testing -- but it's your money!
Urethral irritation from soap -- or from condom lubricant containing spermicide, which is another good bet for such symptoms -- can last up to 2-3 days.
since my last encounter with a woman where i received oral (protected) sex, my left testicle has been hurting, it began about 1-2 days later, today is the 3rd day and it still hurts..its my lower left testicle. Its not an extremely painful sharp pain, but it is somewhat sharp and painful (it`s really hard to desribe, but its only in the left)... you`ve said that my risk is not measurable for STD..coudl this not be the result of epididymis..? i really really appreciate your patience and time. Thank you.
This doesn't sound like epididymitis, and for the reasons described above, it probably is not related to the sexual exposure event you described above. But of course see a health care provider if the pain persists or you otherwise remain concerned.
That will have to be the last comment on this thread.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.