STDs Community
is it possible to catch herpes from smoking out of the same pipe?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

is it possible to catch herpes from smoking out of the same pipe?

Okay, a month ago me and my friend were smoking weed with a group of people and afterwards found out that one of the guys girlfriend who was smoking with us has herpes. My friend knew the whole time, but did not tell as we were smoking.  He was trying to get me to leave with him, but i wanted to smoke.  He didn't smoke at all, but i think it was dumb that he just couldn't pull to the side and tell before. anyway, she hit the pipe first and i was second. I wasn't thinking too much of it until a couple days ago. Now when i take a **** theres a minor burn i get and it's been going on for about 3 days now.  Whats worse is that i met my gf a couple of days before that happened and know worried that if i do have it i passed it on to her.  So, is there a good chance that i do have it?  Im not sure what kind of herpes she had, but another friend told me she was smoking with her when she admitted she had it and said that she claimed her herpes cannot be easily pass to other people by smoking.  I believed her until this minor burning started to happen.  I've pissed before and burned, but never for 3 days straight.