STDs Community
is it possible to catch herpes from smoking out of the same pipe?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Okay, a month ago me and my friend were smoking weed with a group of people and afterwards found out that one of the guys girlfriend who was smoking with us has herpes. My friend knew the whole time, but did not tell as we were smoking.  He was trying to get me to leave with him, but i wanted to smoke.  He didn't smoke at all, but i think it was dumb that he just couldn't pull to the side and tell before. anyway, she hit the pipe first and i was second. I wasn't thinking too much of it until a couple days ago. Now when i take a **** theres a minor burn i get and it's been going on for about 3 days now.  Whats worse is that i met my gf a couple of days before that happened and know worried that if i do have it i passed it on to her.  So, is there a good chance that i do have it?  Im not sure what kind of herpes she had, but another friend told me she was smoking with her when she admitted she had it and said that she claimed her herpes cannot be easily pass to other people by smoking.  I believed her until this minor burning started to happen.  I've pissed before and burned, but never for 3 days straight.
Avatar n tn
stds of the mouth wouldnt show symptoms in the penis if thats what your speaking of .  and i dont believe herpes would b transmitted that way.
Does she have genital or oral herpes?

If she has genital herpes, you can't get it that way.  Oral herpes can be transmitted that way, but you'd have oral symptoms, not genital symptoms, and you are far more likely to get colds, flus, strep, etc., from sharing pipes, etc.

You do need to get the burning checked, as that could be an std, but it won't be from this encounter.

Avatar n tn
yea, now im thinking i might have caught something from my gf.