STDs Expert Forum
is it possible

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

is it possible

Dr,

I wanted to hear your perspecitive on the transmission of pubic lice. I'm in a monogomous relationship from time to time istay in hotel for business. Could I have contracted pubic lice from the bed spread or sheets of the hotel ,or from trying on a bathing suit about 7 weeks ago without underwear which wasn't the wisest thing.

Symptoms

Recently my testicles have become very itchy , I recently shaved my hair down there after I started experiencing the prolongued itching.  Then I examined the pubic hair, upon examination I noticed tiny white spots that were very far and few in between but they were there and very difficult to see. Are these possible lice eggs. I dont see any bugs down therebut they say it be very difficult to see
Secondly we had head lice in the family is there any chance that it could have gotten down their. Please advise
Welcome to the Forum.  Pubic lice can be transmitted by indirect contact through contact with contaminated bedclothes or another person’s clothing.  It would be unusual to get pubic lice from contact with hotel bedclothes as most reputable hotels use clean bedclothes for each now resident.  the bathing suit hypothesis would be unusual but is conceivable.  

Your symptoms could be due to lice or they could be due to shaving itself.  Shaving often leads to subsequent itching.  the tiny white spots you mention could be pubic lice eggs (called "nits") whoever it would be best to see a clinician to be sure.  Nits can be present even if you do not see the lice themselves.

I presume the lice you had in your family were head lice. Interestingly, it turns out that head lice are said not to cause pubic hair infections.  The head lice attach to hairs on the head using a different sort of pinchers than pubic lice and as a result head lice can only attach to head hair and, conversely, pubic lice can only attach to pubic hair.

I hope these comments are helpful.  I would suggest you ask a clinician familiar with the problem to take a look.  If these are pubic lice, in addition to medication yourself you will need to take steps to clean all of your clothing, sheets, blankets, etc thoroughly.  EWH
hypothetically speaking if I did have it , and had sex wife my wife would she definitley get it from me
She would not definitetly get it but it would be likely.  If you have lice, your wife should be treted as well as you.  EWH
It is possible to get it from an object as we discussed should i be concerned that she cheated on me and gave it to me , or is it within the realm to get it as discussed.
Oh please, let's not play games.  Read my comments.  It is possible.  EWH