STDs Community
is the STD test painful

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

is the STD test painful

I want to take an STD test for Chlamdia but I hear they stick a swab in the penis and it is extremely painful.  Is there a way to take this test without requiring a swab?  

This discussion is related to STD Testing Procedures.
Yes, you can get a urine test done.  Its easy - just pee in a cup.  The important things to know are not to pee for at least an hour before the test, and give them only the first part of your urine stream, so pee in the cup first, then pee the rest in the toilet.

Aj
no dude.there aint yea it *****
The swab is uncomfortable but effective
The swab is uncomfortable but much less painful than a shot for comparison.  It stings a bit while the swab is in there and is irritated for a few hours afterwards.  It is worth the discomfort to know though.

Good luck
Lane