STDs Expert Forum
itchy smelly moist foreskin
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

itchy smelly moist foreskin

i am a 39 yr-old homosexual male. 2.5 years ago, i was diagnosed with ngu. following a course of antibiotics, the infection recurred and i was treated again. i began experiencing itchy foreskin, although there were no skin changes. approximately 4 months later, i began suffering pain at the back of my knees, the arches of my feet and lower back. i was diagnosed with reiter's syndrome despite being hla b-27 negative. (arthritis has recently subsided). 6 months after ngu diagnosis, i experienced rapid and pervasive capillary growth on my foreskin, turning it bright red, particularly upon erection, along with a rash and an eruption near the corona. the bright red appearance lasted for over 6 months.

the glans (glands) has taken on a shrivelled appearance and often now has indentations from my clothing. my foreskin still itches. it has been moist, or 'tacky'; the moistness persists even during aeration. it often has a fishy odor and it has grown...there is a ring of new skin which causes me to now have to always retract it, despite the fact that i am circumcised and never had to do so before. a urologist recently described me as 'partially circumcised', confirming my suspicion of growth. i have had several eruptions near the corona, as recently as this last summer...always one at a time. i have now been diagnosed with idiopathic lymphopenia (coincidence?).

the urologist noted mild balanitis and offered circumcision, which i declined. a dermatologist noted nothing but some flakey skin and ruled out circinate balanitis. generally, doctors believd that there is nothing wrong and that my penis is 'normal'. i don't believe it. i know my body. i don't think ngu, arthritis, capillary invasion, several eruptions, apparent foreskin growth, a persistent itchiness and moistness, and a slightly shrivelled glans (glands) are 'normal'.

i am negative for gonnorhea (Gonorrhea), clamydia (chlamydia), herpes, syphillis (syphilis), m genitalia and hiv.

i would greatly appreciate your read on the situation.

regards,

itchy in seattle