Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

lgv

Hi doc,
I was in 1 year long relationship with a man 8 years ago. I had all std tests,everything came back negative. The only two tests left are  chancroid and LGV. Is it possible to carry LGV or chancroid for 8 years without symptoms? I am from asian country. I am really worried as i can see a small bump like thing on my labia majora recently. Please help me.

This discussion is related to STD questions - LGV.
you tried to post on the experts forum so it was bumped over here since you didn't pay to post there.

were you seen for your current bump? did they do any testing on it?

grace
it is really small, formed by itching after my periods. my nurse saw it and said it looks small and cannot say anythin now. its been there for 2 months. im just wondering that can lgv last for 8 years without symptoms?
it's not likely you would've contracted it years ago and just now be having symptoms.

continue to follow up with your providers as needed.  a dermatologist at this point might be helpful.