STDs Expert Forum
lmphadenitis
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

lmphadenitis

dear doc,
          i get lymhadenitis on the neck just recently. lmphadenitis is swollen lymph gland??? i have sex with prostitude from korea 2 weeks ago using condom i don't think there is any exposure. is lymphadenitis is the hiv symptom???? or cause by smoking???i have been smoking for 6 years.
Related Discussions
239123_tn?1267651214
There are many causes of lymphadenitis (also called lymphadenopathy), most of them much more common than HIV.  More important, when HIV causes lymphadenopathy, it involves lymph nodes all over the body.  Localized lymphadenitis in the neck is very unlikely to be related to HIV or any other STD and your illness probably is not related in any way to your commercial sex exposure 2 weeks ago.

I cannot speculate further.  Presumably you have seen a health professional who diagnosed the lymphadenitis.  You should address your questions to that provider; or if uncertain about his/her expertise, get another opinion.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
2 Comments
Blank
hi doc,
       i want to know how to see swollen lymph gland because i did not realise until my family docter tell me that i have lmyphadenitis
Blank
239123_tn?1267651214
If you have lymphadenitis, you surely can feel the swelling.  If you don't, or for further information, speak with your health care provider.

HHH, MD
Blank
A related discussion, what is the normal size of the lymp node in the groin was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now