STDs Community
lymph node swelling

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

lymph node swelling

HELP. I have been experiencing strange symptoms for approximately 3 weeks now. Apparently i had sex with a woman i met at the club. she gave me oral sex which was unprotected while our intercourse was done with a condom. 7 days later i woke up with my lymph nodes under the jaw near the ear area extremely swollen. I felt myself swollen in the lower back, abdominal and rightside of my abdominals (possible liver area). i had difficulty opening my mouth because of the swelling. i had sores on my tongue. i was very cold and weak, perhaps with fever. I had night sweat sessions that left my bed drenched. at the same time, i experienced that i was hungry all the time. my family doctor then prescribed to me penicillin. in a span of 4 days, my swelling and faded and i had been able to resume normal activity. there was a night i experienced difficulty breathing. however my nodes were still swollen a little and i had been hungry constantly. My stool habits changed from being yellow-colored to constipation. now my stool is solid but powdery when i flush it. i have gas and an upset stomach. blood tests have been negative. hiv is negative. mumps. chlamydia. though i have not been tested for everything.

as i remember now. the woman had a rusty voice. coughed and had a sore on her knee. her vagina was clean and free of any blemish.
i will never again have unprotected oral sex. perhaps, not have sex with strangers at a club who are exposed to these conditions.

it is almost 4 weeks since sexual contact. doctor says i will be okay. but i do not feel like she is actually taking a look at me.
i am experiencing minor swelling in the sub mandibular lymph nodes. i experience twitching as these approach the ears. and also on the right side of my neck. i am extremely fatigued and unable to function properly. i get agitated quickly. although, my sores on the sides of the tongue are disappearing, i am having a strange burning sensation in my throat. my night sweats have disappeared however. my stool is still the same, it is uncomfortable and powdery. i am constantly hungry. i have trouble sleeping at night because of anxiety. i am seeing another doctor 2 days from now because id like to be examined and paid attention to. any ideas what is wrong with me?
help... please.
You have had almost the same symptoms as me..why did your doctor give you penicillin..i nenver found out what was causing my symptoms but i think it was herpes 2..i tested for hiv 5 monts 1 week negative..i wondering if it is syphilis
let me know what your doctor says..maybe you cuaght herpes 2?..do you have any blisters?.
i have a feeling it is herpes 2. i had oral herpes before and doctor gave me penicillin. always seemed to work without a problem. and it did again now..
as after i took my penicillin, my gigantic mishapen swelling disipated and i looked human again.

i had penny sized red lumps on my shins that itched like ridiculous. after penicillin, it is gone.. although now my shins are peeling..
my skin is DRY

couple of days ago when i still had my nightsweats, i had 2 of these bumps on my thigh. 2 nights ago. my nightsweats disappeared and i woke um with all bumps on my body completely healed.

this is my third week since exposure. second week of symptoms. right now, only problem i have is swollen sub-mandibular lymph nodes, constipation and fatigue.

it probably is hsv2. i hope it isnt hiv.
I,m still have white coated tongue and burning swollen neck..i was tested for HIV at 5 months 1 week negative..i also was test for syphilis and herpes 2 i don't have syphilis but i do have herpes 2 and when i first got them  5 months ago i had all same symptoms as you night sweats,fatigue..stomach pains back pains etc..except i have a white tongue as well still do i am on treatment for it..i was never tested for Chlamydia or gonerria but never had symptoms..well no discharge..well at least i know i don't have HIV ..but i was nervous..i,m sure you don't either..how come he gave you penicillin my doctor never gave me that just valtrax isnt penicillin for syphilis
oh yeah, how long before you fully recovered?
did you get tested for herpes 2?

what have you been tested for?
i had hsv 1 before. this was not from sex but buying a hotdog from 7-11 and having high stress in my life. so my doctor gave me penicillin and i got well immediately.

nice to know someone shares the same anxiety. i read in one of hhhs post that within 6 weeks of getting tested for HIV. if you are negative, you are most likely not infected.

being constantly hungry and constipated is not a symptom of hiv either...

today i noticed cracks at the sides of my lips. slight numbness when i swallow and this itchy pimple on my thumb.

constipations, fatigue and lymph node swelling. once these dissipate, i will be content. however.. these symptoms really mimic that of herpes.

how many doctors have you seen? perhaps you should consult a specialist?
what country are you from?
i have no discharge either.
perhaps you have a hsv2 and yeast infection?
i havent been tested for either but will in a few days.