STDs Expert Forum
mole/ cyst on penis

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

mole/ cyst on penis

I have had what I thought was a mole on the bottom, underside of my penis for a little over a year.  Yesterday, I noticed that it has slowly gotten larger.  Upon closer examination, I notice that there seems to be some cyst like mass (about the size of a pea) directly beneath it.  I was able to get my fingers around it and determine that it is in the skin.

This morning I awoke with some pressure and noticed that it is larger (about the size of a small marble) and somewhat red.

This mole seemed to appear from nowhere.  The result of a nick while shaving that ultimately healed into something like a skinflap.  It is pink in color with something of a jagged-edged top (similiar to a wart).  I have been in a monogamous relationship for three years and after some research I feel comfortable ruling out warts, especially considering the mass beneath it.

At this time, I am unemployed and without any health insurance.  The redness,tenderness and swelling of the cyst-like mass in conjunction with mole is causing me some serious concern today.  I have done some research and come up with very little.

I don't want to over react especially under my current circumstances but more importantly this is not a part of my body that I want to neglect especially in the event it is something serious.
Sounds like nothing serious and probably not sexually acquired.  The cyst may be inflamed as a result of your handling and squeezing it. Whether the mole isactually a mole or a genital wart or something else, I cannot say. Bottom lin is that you need to see a health care provider about both lesions.  Since money is an issue, go to your local health department STD clinic, which will be free or low-cost; also, it's an excellent source of expert care, where knowledge about STDs is typically greater than anywhere else in town.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
A related discussion, Urologist was started.