STDs Community
my vagina has always had this fishy smell and itchy

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I think about my whole life i had a smelly vagina (smells fishy) that would itch from time to time. I'm fifteen years old and i'm just worried about my health. I'm pretty sure it's not herpes because i don't get the sores. I also never had sex before and want to stay abstinent. I think my mom only has oral herpes and not genital herpes. It also gets pretty itchy during my period. I'm not sure if it's an allergic reaction to the pad i'm using? I've never used tampons before and I shower daily. I don't really know how to clean my vagina properly because i'm a little afraid to touch it. I kind of let the shower water run through my vagina.
This has been bothering me for years now (I've never really knew how to talk or make much out of it) and I want to be assured that I can be healthy. Sometimes I think my vagina hurts when I urinate but not very often (and it doesn't really hurt that bad anyways). I also get some discharge kind of thing almost daily but not much. A couple of times, it seems like i just got my period and I check it but it's just some urine in my underwear. Is that normal? It has never gone through my underwear to my clothes. I'm not sure if that is even relevant.
Do I have a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis? Or maybe not even those? I'm really worried if it's herpes. Would this be classified as herpes? I will definately gather up my courage and check up with the nearest doctor. Thank you for your time.
If you are not sexually active then you should not worry about having herpes. As you know that there are 2 kinds of Herpes that HSV1 and HSV2. My doctor once told me that there are a lot of people who has HSV1 and no need to worry. HSV1 usually are just cold sores at the lips or sores in the mouth. There will be no herpes around vagina if you are not sexually active. HSV2 is transmitted only sexually with someone who is infected.

Do not worry, there's a medication to it if it's just a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis. I encourage you to see a doctor and check what it is. If you leave it untreated, it may cause other problems in the future. Cheers

thanks for replying! its kind of a relief to tell me that i probably do not have herpes. I will go to the doctor sometime to check out what it is. Hopefully it won't be something very scary.