STDs Expert Forum
not sure what these red spots are
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

not sure what these red spots are

I am a hetero mid 30's male who has been with the same woman for about a year. I recently began to notice small red groups of bumps (not open or blistery) on the head of my penis. They are about half the size of a dime. Along with this, the skin on my penis has became very dry and cracking. I can peel off small pieces of dried skin. I have tried many types of lotion and cream, but nothing seems to have any lasting effect.

I have also noticed that the red spots seem to be much more noticable after sex, and sometimes the shaft of my penis stings a little after sex and is sometimes rubbed raw. We have tried lubricants, (she is not however particularly dry) but they just seem to irratate it.  

Does any of this sound like something I need to get looked at?

Thanks for your time