nsu, prostatis, herpes or sonething else..
Hi. I am a male in my thirties and have been struggling with an inflamed urethra for 10 weeks. I am a long term heterosexual relationship and the symptoms seemed to come out of the blue. The only definite symptom is a red and inflamed tip of my penis which has been constant for the 10 weeks and I have tested negative for clamydia, gonnerhea, a uti and nsu as well as positive for a uti and nsu over the 10 weeks.  The latest test last week showed no uti but showed ten wbc from a penis swab so obviously still inflammation present.  It hurts after masturbating and urinating but is only red and sore and the rest of the time I barely notice it. Over this time I have taken azithromizing one dose, metronidizole one dose, nitrofuaretoin low dose for 5 days, oxytetracycline 7 days and have just been given ofloxacin 7 days and aciclover 5 days at same time to cover hsv a uti and prostatis.

Any comments on my treatment as I feel like the doctors could just be throwing antibiotics at me?
Would could it be? Yeast? Mycoplasma? Uti? Prostatis? Herpes?
Could I be having a first hsv outbreak about 10 years after I may have unknowingly caught it?
Can I drink alcohol while on ofloxacin if doc tells me to take it for 4 weeks instead of one week?
What next treatment options do I have?

Would be extremely grateful for advice from a medical professional..

George
Medical Professional...you have to pay to post to the Dr's in the expert forum.

My advise is to work with your Dr as if you and partner are faithful then no reason to think this is STD related.
Thanks Vance. Will do.