STDs Expert Forum
oral bacteria and the clap

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

oral bacteria and the clap

i am very curious if having rotten teeth and the bacteria that comes with that can cause similar symtoms (symptoms) to gonorrhea?.....IE flank pain(kidney area), abdominal pain, burning urination......and can the bacteria from a rotting tooth be passed to a woman during oral sex which would lead to discharge, burning urination, flank pain and abdominal discomfort?.......can this bacteria build up in a persons sytem and ultimately hurt their urninary tract and kidneys causing sensations similar to gonorrhea?

.....i have been having the symptoms of gonorrhea now for over 7 months.....i have been tested for all stds....gonorrhea 3 times and even an FTA test for a possible old syphillis (syphilis) infection........Nothing ever comes back as possitive......my girlfriend is in the same boat as well......nothing positive but all of the symptoms........

.....we had obstained form sexual contact for the past 2 motnths....both of us were feeling fine......no pains.no painful urnination......then our drives got the best of us the other night and we had oral sex unprotected and protected intercourse.........the next day she complained of dishcharge and painful urination.......i too had the same.......

so i have just wondered about the couple of teeth i have that have been rotting over the years in the back of my mouth and its possible connection to our problems.....
First, the direct answer to your opening question is no; oral bacteria of the sort associated with bad teeth do not cause the sort of symptoms you describe.  Second, your symptoms sound like you might have had pelvic inflammatory disease, but your provider probably is on top of that possibility--otherwise s/he would not have tested you for gonorrhea.  Third, if you have been evaluated by health care providers and tested negative for gonorrhea several times, you can be sure you don't have gonorrhea.  Same for your negative syphilis test.

If your symptoms persist, continue to follow up with your health care provider.  Or if uncertain about his/her expertise, get a second opinion.

I hope this helps.  Best wishes--  HHH, MD

Why hasn't anyone answered my questions?
You haven't posted a question in a new thread.
If you have rotting teeth though get them taken care of!!!  Rotting teeth can put you at risk for all sorts of other health problems.  Besides I'm sure they don't look all that attractive either.

grace
Grace is always so wise :-)

If you don't have the money to fix your teeth and you don't have dental insurance, check to see if your local free clinic offers a dental clinic. If that doesn't work out, I think a lot of dental schools also have clinics. There are always options.

As Grace noted, you really are putting your health at risk by letting this go.