STDs Community
oral sex risk with a sex worker

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

oral sex risk with a sex worker

I recently saw a sex worker and she performed unprotected oral sex on me. She fellated me until I came into her mouth, after which she excused herself to spit. A few minutes later I felt the need to urinate and so I did. My question is, what STDs might I be at risk for from her performing oral sex on me until I came in her mouth?
ejaculation has nothing to do with std risk!

you were at risk for hsv1, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, hpv and ngu from receiving unprotected oral.

grace
Thanks for a quick response. Can you say something about the level of risk for these STDs?
Best thing is to get tested I did the same and am waiting for my results been two weeks now  I was told by the nurse it is  what they call a low risk
it's low risk in general but not no risk.

do you have a regular partner to protect?
No, I don't have a regular partner. I was actually just feeling really horny and, since I don't have a girlfriend, I found a well-reviewed independent sex worker online. She in all honesty gave me the best blow job I've had in my entire life. But then I noticed all of the CDC's warnings online about oral sex, and they seem to link it to HIV, which got me a bit concerned. Then I started surfing different web site forums, trying to see which information was the most reliable, and I found this site, which seems pretty good.

I think my biggest challenge is just finding a regular sex partner. Without a girlfriend I'm left to my own devices. Prior to seeing this sex worker I had seen another one who gives just hand jobs, but this time around I was craving something more substantial and felt that oral sex was a reasonable step forward that didn't seem too risky compared to vaginal sex. Plus, I don't know if I really want to have intercourse with a women I'm on in love with. Strange, I know. But a blowjob was just want I needed.

So, based on this site and from surfing other sites, I'm glad to read that I'm at low risk for most STDs. And, when I read about critiques of the CDC's claims that oral sex can give you AIDS, I read more and found that it's a "theoretical risk" but there seems to be no actual cases of this ever having happened.

My next challenge will be how to satisfy my sexual desires in a way that is safe sex. But now I see that safe sex means pretty much no sex, and that safer sex is oral sex, or oral sex with a condom on, and vaginal sex with a condom on, hoping it doesn't tear.