STDs Expert Forum
oral sex

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

oral sex

9 days ago I got an unprotected oral sex from a call girl in the UK. I am extremely worried about the risk that i catched STD.
I dindn't have any simptoms but just in case 5 days after the accident i took a 500mg of the cipro, and then next day(day#6) i took 2g of the zithromax. Next day(day#7) after that i developed strange feeling in my throat.
On day #9 i 've received an unprotected oral sex from my girlfriend.
What are the chances that i got infected and that i transfered something to my girlfriend? Would you recommend to take any tests or see a doctor?

I have answered this question so many times.  I'll just say briefly that a single episode of oral sex is extremely safe, with almost no risk of STD and zero risk, for practical purposes, of HIV.  It wasn't smart to take the drugs you did, because it ruined any chance of doing any testing for most of the common STDs later on. But it probably did no harm, since you almost certainly didn't catch anything. Anyway, you don't have anything to worry about.  For more information, search the forum threads for "fellatio", "STD transmission risk", and "HIV transmission by oral sex".

Good luck--  HHH, MD
People, saliva is NOT infectious.  As the doctor says, for practical purposes receiving oral will NOT result in HIV transmission.  The person at risk is the person giving oral (and even that is an extremely low risk).

The reason that "receiving oral" can't be said to be "no risk" is that rare things happen on rare occassions.  Yes, there are people who would give blow jobs even with bleeding gum.  Is it rare, yes it's rare.  Most likely never happens, but when there is a "freak" chance that someone will do something weird, then we cannot say with an absolute certainty that it's zero HIV-risk.

That being said, just look at your exact circumstances.  Unless, you fall into the "rare things happening at rare times" category, then stop worrying about HIV for receiving oral.

However, do keep in mind that you can get an STD, which would facilitate HIV transmission NEXT time you do something like have unprotected vaginal or anal sex.  Thus, there could be consequence AT SOME LATER juncture!
Thanks for your responce.
Just small clarification if i did had something then were two-three days enough to kill such std as: chlamydia, syphilis or gonorrhea?
You received the standard, recommended doses against gonorrhea and chlamydia.  They would have worked just fine.

HHH, MD
Thanks. What about syphilis, i've heard that zithromax dose(2g) i took can handle incubating syphilis? Could you please confirm.
tell you the truth gin123 ive had "fellatio" about a million times by call girls just like you, and i would never imagine the possibilities of actually catching anything except a cold.
last month i brought home a female i met from a bar, and i wore a condom all throughtout the time we had intercourse the condom never broke, but i foolishly had unprotected oral sex before and after intercourse with this person. two days later that morning i notice i had a discharge from my penis which had to came from the unprotected oral sex.i went to the doctor he stated i had gonorhea i was terrified not knowing what else i couldve contracted. three weeks later i got a terrible chest cold that lasted for about 2-3days i dont know was it just a coincidence or did my foolish act will cause my life to change forever. however besides the chest cold i had i feel fine know fevers none of the typical hiv symptoms..