STDs Community
oral sex

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

oral sex

I'm a man who received unprotected oral sex from a female sex worker and wanted to know is there a possibility of catching any std's. Its been a week now, and so far i'm just feeling a little tingling on the head of my penis. i'm not sure if its my paranoia or something serious.
Thanks,
Yes you can catch bacterial STDs but that's a low risk. The highest risk STD you can catch through oral sex is herpes.
I'm going through the same thing. I believe guilt and anxiety makes you over aware of normal feelings. I thought about getting tested anyway just to make sure, however its probably going to come back negative. If your like me you have flooded your head with all the info on the net. The majority of sites have several std possibilties listed that you can get from oral. This site has real pros and both say oral is relativley safe. I hope everything turns out for the both of us and as far as i'm concerned i'll never make the mistake again.
Avatar n tn
thanks for the info. i agree with you there steve60, this mistake will never happen again.

kngrock

I have the same symptoms now. Did it go away for you ? Did you take any medications ???
Avatar n tn
same boat!!!
i have had the same symptoms along with a rash on my inner thigh, but no bumps/lesions in gential (genital) area and my privates are itching me lately, but, i have had no other signs of it and it happened months ago, any advice??

I'm going through the same anxiety you guys are. I'm actually in the 4th week of being watchful for symptoms. Oral sex is a very low risk for STD. It is still a route though. Put it this way, are we going to be as watchful for symptoms if our exposure was with a librarian? The guilt factor plays tricks on our minds and the more we think of them, the more the symptoms manifests.

In one of the threads in the expert forums, it was said that STD's from oral sex are likely to have symptoms compared to those gotten from unprotected vaginal or anal.

"Timing of symptoms varies from typically 2-5 days for gonorrhea, 3-10 days for herpes, 7-14 days for NGU, and 2-3 weeks for syphilis, That said, most STDs from oral sex cause symptoms; if no symptoms appear, you really don't need test at all, except for psychological reassurance.  The main symptoms to watch for are abnormal discharge from the penis (gonorrhea, NGU) or penile blisters or sores (herpes, syphilis)."

If you do not have any of those then there's nothing to worry about. The best way to remove doubt is to test. The best way to avoid future anxiety is to abstain.

Keep safe!

It is been 8 days for me since unprotected oral sex. No discharge, no pain while urinating, no visible marks in groin or anywhere.
I only get this tingling feeling which I  noticed went down a little now. Went to clinic and got tested for Gonorhea and Chlmadia. I told them to test for NGU and they are teling me no such test !

Anyways, I kept and appointment with a Urologist next week. Will let you guys know what he told.
Stop posting on this thread. This is from 2008. If you have a question or comment start a thread dedicated to your question.