STDs Expert Forum
oral transmission of STD's, what are the symptoms?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

4 days ago I gave oral sex to a woman that I do not know. Now I have a cough, runny nose and itchy throat. Is it a possibility that I have an STD? Or is this just a general case of typical spring time allergies?
As you suggest yourself, your symptoms probably are due to a garden-variety cold or allergies, not sexually acquired.  Undoubtedly the onset is merely a coincidence with your exposure; or, if you also kissed her, perhaps you caught a cold from her the old fashioned way.

See numerous other threads in the past couple of months about the low risk of STD transmission by oral-genital sex, especially cunnilingus.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
A related discussion, enlarged white patched tonsils was started.
A related discussion, if i have these symptoms could i have an std? was started.
A related discussion, STD's during oral sex was started.