orofacial HSV-1
I was infected with HSV-1 in mid-July 07. Primary outbreak was mild, 1 cold sore on upper lip & 1 fever blister on the cheek area.  Recurrance happened almost 2 weeks ago. This time it is worse than primary, I have new places underneath both sides of my nose and a few single spots on my cheeks.  Since I have not had the virus for a long time is it possible I have not had enough time for my body to produce a good enough amount of antibodies to keep the infection from spreading?  I don't touch the sores, I use the plastic ends of Q-Tips to apply medicine, but I am sure in my sleep I most likely touch the areas then touch other parts of my face.  I am also currently taking the generic of Famvir 200 mg, 3 times a day; I am on day 5 still not a lot of improvement.  Should I consider trying a different antiviral medicine?  Thanks for any help you may be able to supply.
I think you need to return to your doctor to confirm that herpes is the only thing going on at the moment. You can get bacterial infections too in that area so go be seen and see if there's anything else going on.

You are not taking the proper famvir dose. In fact if it's a 200 mg dose I"m wondering if you are taking famvir at all.  Please see their website for their cold sore doses - they are much different from the genital herpes doses.  

grace