STDs Community
orofacial HSV-1
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

orofacial HSV-1

I was infected with HSV-1 in mid-July 07. Primary outbreak was mild, 1 cold sore on upper lip & 1 fever blister on the cheek area.  Recurrance happened almost 2 weeks ago. This time it is worse than primary, I have new places underneath both sides of my nose and a few single spots on my cheeks.  Since I have not had the virus for a long time is it possible I have not had enough time for my body to produce a good enough amount of antibodies to keep the infection from spreading?  I don't touch the sores, I use the plastic ends of Q-Tips to apply medicine, but I am sure in my sleep I most likely touch the areas then touch other parts of my face.  I am also currently taking the generic of Famvir 200 mg, 3 times a day; I am on day 5 still not a lot of improvement.  Should I consider trying a different antiviral medicine?  Thanks for any help you may be able to supply.
Tags: Famvir