STDs Community
persistant urethritis, abdominal and kidney pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

In october 09 i foolishly engaged in unprotected oral sex with a prostitute. I am in a long term relationship and that was my sole indiscretion. After two days i went to a sexual health clinic where they swabbed me, took blood and urine samples. I was diagnosed there and then with ngu and given antibiotics and was told to refrain from unprotected sex with my girlfriend. All tests for hiv, chlamydia and ghonnorhea came back negative. The urethritis failed to clear so i was given a second dose of antibiotics and was extremely rigid in terms of keeping my penis dry as instructed by the doctor. The urethritis cleared up then and i resumed normal sexual practice with my girlfriend who i did not inform about my indescretion, i just wanted to put the whole thing behind me. Then in late january i began to feelsome discomfort in my bladder and some dull pain in my testicles. Went back to the doctor. Urethritis was back, checked for epydidimitis but didnt think it was an issue, didnt know what to make of the abdominal pains. Gave me anti biotics and it all cleared up. He suggested that i had a very sensitive uerethra and told me not to be concerned. In the summer the pains came back only they were much more constant and i could feel some mild discomfort in my kidneys and the tip of my urethra. He explained he could find nothing infectious and my issues should be taken to my general practitioner. He referred me to a urologist and i had more blood and urine samples taken that came back negative. He did a physical exam and examined my prostate - all appeared fine. Suggested he put a scope into my bladder but warned that most times these are inconclusive. I'm. Tearing my hair out, i have kept all this secret. I want to marry my gf but am haunted at the thought of fertility issues down the line or if i have comprimised her health. Has anyone any similar experiences. My gfs health is my main concern but obviously i want to resolve these issues around my own health
could my issues also be due to mycoplasma. The only unprotected contact i had was oral sex
The chances you caught anything from oral sex is slim.

Testing time frame
Gono and chlamydia 5 days
Syphillis (syphilis) 6 weeks
Hiv 3 months, but a negative test at 6 weeks isn't likely to change.
Herpes 3 to 4 months.
Testing time frame
Gono and clamydia (chlamydia) 5 days.
Syphillis (syphilis) 6 weeks
Hiv 3 months nut a negative reult at af weeks not likely to change.
Herpes 3 to 4 months.
But i did have non gnochal urethritis? Can one still have all the symptoms of urethritis. And it not be infectious?
the odds that this is a std from your oral sex in oct 09 are incredibly low. really time to move past that. it's your guilt from that that is the issue, not your risk of a std that you might give to your partner.  

many things can cause urethritis in males. all you can do at this point is continue to follow up on things when you have active symptoms with the urologist.  they are checking your urine for infection and don't see any. they have also checked it for evidence of kidney stones I'm sure and aren't seeing anything like that.  they also checked your prostate.  you have properly covered your bases and unfortunately sometimes there isn't a clear cause of symptoms.  just be seen when you have symptoms each time so that hopefully in time you get better answers.

grace
Thanks so much. Ill let you know what my doc says
Hey, how's the urethritis symptoms doing now. I'm struggling through a similar situation. Need some insight.
So how are you doing? Were they able to diagnose your issue?
Any update? Were they able to determine what is wrong with you?