STDs Expert Forum
pimples on by my genitals

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

pimples on by my genitals

I had protected sex with a prostitute this Saturday. Just yesterday I start noticing this pimples right be my genitals. They are white and have red rash around them. I am wondering if this can be herpes? Just to make the situation clearer she did offer me some meth. I am maybe thinking that it can be a side effect of that as well. I am not sure I have never had pimples on right be my genitals.  

Your sex was protected.  This makes your STD risk minimal (as in close to zero).

How long after sex did the pimples appear?  Also. Y=you do not describe where on your genital the pimples you have noticed occurred. If they are on the scrotum, they are most likely normal.  

Finally, herpes does not cause lesions of the sort that you describe.   Whatever this turns out to be, it is most unlikely to be herpes.

EWH
After 3 days I noticed this pimples with red rash around them. The pimples are not in the genitals. The pimples are in the pubic hair area which is on top of the genitals below  the abdomen. They kinda itch too. There kinda like blisters or something. I was going to go to a clinic to test my self. Do you recommend that I test for herpes. I heard that you can get Herpes even if you use a condom. Is this true? Let me know what you think.
These really don't sound like herpes, nor are they in the typical location for herpes.

On the other hand, you give a great description of folliculitis and the lesions are in the right location.  You probably should still get the diagnosis confirmed at the clinic.  Folliculitis is not an STD and is easily treated, sometimes with antibiotics as well as soap and water.  EWH
I looked at a image of folliculitis and they do look similar. I think I am going to wait to see if these lessions go away after I wash the area with soup in water. I suppose that they should be gone in a day or two. If there are still there after lets say 3 days I would definitely go into the clinic to get tested.  
As you wash, I would suggest you used a washcloth or even a loofah spnge to help clear off dead skin and make sure that your pores are not clogged.  EWH
I have been washing the area with a loofah. Its seems to be getting better. The lessions that are in my pubic hair area seem to be slowly disappearing. One thing that has got me worried is that I did find one of of those lesions on the very start of my penis. Which is still the pubic hair area. I am hoping that this is only folliculitis.  
I just got the results from the early herpes detection test. came back negetive how acurate is this type of test? Tomorrow I have an appointment with the Dr. tomorrow becuase the lessions are still there. I noticed that a real bad odor is coming from the area(rotten). Does Herpes emit this type of smell. or is this more typical of folliculitis.
I am not sure what sort of test was performed and cannot comment on its accuracy from your description.  No matter what, I am not suprised at the result because, as I have mentioned, what you have does not sound like herpes.  EWH
The test performed was the HSV Types 1 & 2 - lgG. I hope that I am really negative. I went to the clinic this Saturday. I first noticed the lesions last Tuesday. And the encounter  was last Saturday. I am not sure how accurate the actual test is. The lesions are still present I dont see any pimples anymore but the area is still very irritated and it looks like bumps. I have been washing the area twice everyday with soap and water. I talked to a registered nurse about this and I asked her if herpes gives out a rotten smell. She said that herpes doesnt have an odor. If it smells rotten there might be an infection down there. Is this correct? I am going to the doctor tomorrow. I hope that he agrees with you. Can you describe what symptoms occur when a person first get herpes. I just want to compare to whats happening to me.

actually it was the HSV Types 1 & 2 - IgM because thats the early detection test. I am still awaiting results regarding the HSV Types 1 & 2 - lgG
Final comment.  IgM tests for herpes are not much help.  If they are negative you don't have herpes but if they are positive, as most are, it does not mean that you have the infection.  There are many, many false positve IgM tests.   It is also too early to have a definitive result from an IgG test since antibodies can take up to 3 months to develop.  What you need is to have a swab or culture test taken from the lesions themselves.  If there are no lesions, it is not herpes as initial herpes lesions would not resolve so quickly; they typically last 10-21 days.

On so ends this thread. No further questions please.  I still believe that what you had is follicultis.  EWH
thanx, I went to the doctor today and he concludes with your analysis. I apologize I was just freaking out.