STDs Community
pink bumps

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

pink bumps

i have developed pink bumps on my arm and leg more than 12 weeks after a sexual incounter. they are pink redish adn when you scratch them they go in a weeks time and a brownish spot stay in thier place later.
You should go and see your GP or  a Dermatologist.

Mr.Blue
in the first couple of weeks after the encounter maybe 3 weeks after i developed an itching sensation on both legs and then at week 5 i developed the same red bumps i thought they were pimples and then at week 9 i had abdominal problems lost a copule of pounds but the pimles red bumps i dont what to call then came back at week 13 after the encounter. does this sound like ARS to you guys this my first ever encounter with a sexworker and i am freakingout.

No it doesn't at all.

You do need to follow up with a provider, though.

AJ
thank  auntiejessi i have been reading your replys and they are really helpfull. do you think it could be any other STD ? and how does and ARS rash look like? thank you again.
The ARS rash would appear as you develop antibodies, and that would happen usually within the first month.  Its pretty distinctive, and in the one person I've seen that actually developed it, it was on the chest and torso, which is typical.  I don't know how long it would last.  The person I saw was started on HIV meds (he knew he had been exposed to HIV as his partner had just tested positive, so we were diligent about watching and testing him) so his rash cleared up fairly quickly.  He was also very sick - high fever, etc., and ended up in the ER.

I don't know what your rash is, and I wouldn't even begin to guess.  Dermatology isn't my area.

Aj

Oh and no, I do no think this is any other std, but since you are so concerned, why don't you just go get tested?  Its easier to test than sit and worry for a long time.

Aj
i did not have high fever but i recall having acouple of those pimple like bumps on my back and chest around fith or sixth week. and they also left bvrown marks after i scratched them.
This is not ARS, or an std.

You need to see your doctor.

Aj
thank very much  auntiejessi you have been very helpfull to me.
auntiejessi I would just like to thank you for the gaidance you gave me and the effort you putin this forum. I wouls like to inform you that i went to the hospital to get my hiv resualts they turned out to be no reactive. my doctor told me that i can live normally and forget the past.
Congrats!

Aj