STDs Community
please help Herpes or what
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

please help Herpes or what

hi i am 35 years old man i had safe sex on 14th of july on 19 i noticed some pain around penis and some 3 red blisters i used POVIDONE-IODINE SOLUTION ANTISEPTIC to clean these blisters i got very strong burn feeling and after one day they became open sores so i decided to show them to DERMATOLOGIES Doc. he saw two of these sores near each other he decided to make a test for Syphilis and second day the result was negative he gave me 1g augmentin antibiotic with antibiotic cream i used the for 5 days but my situation became worth and more burn in the area and redness also some allergy on legs (from antibiotic probably) and itching around genital area so i had some small blisters 4 or 5 together looks like Herpes i didn't blow them and i went to the DOC. he said it is most probably Herpes               so he send me to blood test for hsv1-hsv2 igg and igm and gave me Famvir  and zovirax cream for 5 days from 29 july  once i stopped the antibiotic before taking famvir the redness and burn feelings get better i took the famvir and zovirax for 5 days nothing i feel better in 3 august the result came for all types negative but i still had the burn feeling and itching he gave me daktacort from first time my burn and itch stopped my concern is the test can be wrong not negative because of antibiotic second question should i repead the test and if yes what the period should i wait after taking the famvir 125g for five days and after putting the zovirax cream taking into consideration  that i hadn't any flu like symptoms or any redness or blisters on the penis please advise