STDs Community
protected sex not safe?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

protected sex not safe?

last night, I had protected sex and oral sex with a prostitute.And I have read from this forum that there is still risk for protected sex and oral sex.
Why? does not the transmission for STDS  occur when skin to skin contact? And can not the condom stop the skin contact? can the virus breakthrough the condom?
Hi, you only get STD's like gonorrehea and chlymydia from unprotected oral, vaginal and anal sex. You can get herpes from skin contact, but it is from open sore to open sore. I think they use the word "low risk" because you can still get herpes and syphilis from skin contact but is from open sore to open sore contact.
protected oral sex is no risk for std's.

protected anal/genital sex is a risk for hpv, herpes and syphilis.  

a condom only covers the penis. it leaves other genital areas that are vulnerable to infection uncovered.

grace