STDs Expert Forum
really sore armpits

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

really sore armpits
Hi all,

First I would like to say what a sane a welcome site this is. I came here a while ago and found common sense and sound judgement.

Unlike myself, About 8 months ago I slept with a sex worker of all places in Africa. I was very drunk and believe I have protected insertive sex.

I have suffered no symtoms of any std to day and got checked out some 3 weeks after the event and was clear of all.I then put the entire thing out of my mind and carried on .

Anyway a couple of weeks ago my armpits became very sore and tender, no visible marks but just ached all the time. This I put down to exercise. Last night I noticed reddening under both my armpits.

I have had no fever, no swollen nodes, nothing at all that I would class as any symtoms at all but my armpits are a concern. i'm sure it will be put down to anxiety or a simple sweat rash. But really, is there any need to further test myself or are symytoms eight months after uncommon.Or are redding of your armpits not sympoms at all?

Many thanks for a great site. Blokecalledkev

Neither pain nor reddened skin in the armpits is a symptom of HIV or any other STD.  Whatever is causing it isn't HIV.  But because you had a pretty high risk encounter, it would make sense for you to be tested for HIV.

Thanks for your kind comments about the STD Forum.   Best wishes--

HHH, MD
Thanks I will get rechecked.

All be it my stupidity has led to this, I should have followed through months ago and put some closure on this.

Many thanks Blokecalledkev
A related discussion, sore armpits was started.
A related discussion, extra question............ was started.