STDs Community
receptive condom protected anal sex

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

receptive condom protected anal sex

Hi Guys,

I wanted to know for the future what my HIV/STD risk was for condom protected receptive anal sex? with a Durex extra safe condom (slightly thicker with more lubrication)?  I ask this because I am a little confused with some of the responses to this topic.  From what I understand this was a practically no risk exposure if the condom doesnt break, but in other responses I see comments something like this: "A gay man engaging in anal sex who always protects himself with condoms is still at high risk of one day contracting HIV due to initial intentions going at the heat of the moment and due to condom failure".  However, if I was to engage in receptive condom protected anal sex NOT in a monogameous relationship, but 100% always with a durex extra safe condom, with lubricant and asking my partner beforehand if they have hiv and only engaging if they say they don't, what would be the chances of contracting hiv in the future at some point and the chances of one the condoms one day breaking? etc. thankyou for all your time and help.
I'd recommend re-posting this in the HIV forum for a better answer.