STDs Community
recurring ngu despite negative for stds

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

recurring ngu despite negative for stds

Hello in the beginning of July i stupidly let a girl talk me into unprotected sex the next day I was positive for gonorrhea I got treatment in a shot and my symptoms went away for about 2 and a half weeks. Then my symptoms came back after I had protected sex with another girl and I had NGU and I forget the name of the medicine I got but it was a single dose in a liquid form. I told the girl I had protected sex with about what happen and she got checked and said everything was negative. After my second treatment I still was having a white discharge in the morning and a clear discharge throughout the day with a burning and stinging feeling in the inside of my penis. I then was again diagnosed with NGU despite not having no sex since the girl i had protected sex with and was given 2pills of azithoromycin and 4 pills of metroonidazole in case of trich. A week later my symptoms would return again despite still not have had any type of sex and my urine being negative of any stds .  I was wondering what can be the cause of this, can it cause health problems such as infertility, and how can i overcome this. I was wondering can it be something i'm eating or drinking that can be causing this such as alcohol. I do drink alot but i did not drink for at least 8 days after every treatmeat but during treatmeat i drunk alot of milk and cranberry juice. I was also wondering since my urine is always negative for stds could I still have sex without infecting  anybody despite having NGU. Please help the best you can Thank you.
took care of your other post for you :)

had you been tested for gonorrhea before you had sex with the first partner?  testing positive the next day would be highly unlikely - typically takes a few days until it can be detected on tests.   did the health department contact you so they  could encourage girl #1 to come in for testing too?

have they manually examined your prostate at all during this?

did you cover your other std testing bases since you had unprotected sex?  you can test for syphilis anytime after 6 weeks post encounter and herpes, hiv and hepatitis after 3 months.

have yo had your gardasil shots for hpv?

grace
Yes I was tested before the first girl and I was negative and I forgot to mention I told her to get tested and she said she was negative which I thought was unlikely because there was nobody else I could have gotten Gonorrhea from. They did not examine my prostate. My syphilis test and my HIV test were negative and since I was Treated for gonorrhea I have tested negative for that and for chlymedia and I got my 3 gardasil shots last year. I havent had symptoms of anything else and they seem to get a little better by each week but i still have a mild discharge that is white in the morning and clear throughtout the day,a stinging feeling and redness inside my penis, and i also get a off and on pain in my lower abdomen
well at this point, no way to know if she really was tested or not. if you aren't having sex with her again, not an issue.

at this point, I'd wait 2 weeks after your last antibiotics and then be seen again. make sure they manually examine your  prostate too to see if that is inflamed at all or not.  

pain off and on in your lower abdomen can even be from gas from the antibiotics too. not a bad idea to pick up a pack of culturelle from the store and take it twice a day to replace your 'good" protective gut bacteria. more effective and easier than eating yogurt 3x/day :)
oh and  I wouldn't be concerned about infertility either at this point. you've covered the bases for the bacteria that typically causes that.  now it's just an annoyance going on.
yea I haven't had sex with her since and do you think a laxative would work and if so happen my prostate checks out ok is there anything else that can be causing this?
when was the last time you had a bowel movement?
last night
then you don't need a laxative.
ok but if my prostate checks out do you have any ideal what can still be causing this
continue to follow up with the urologist as needed if your symptoms continue.
hey just wanted to let you know i started taking doxy and its been really helping althought  not perfect im feeling alot better (for the moment as its only been a week) this has been very hard on me and i wanted to thank you very much for your advice and helping me get through this mentally
glad you feeling better :)