STDs Community
red bump on labia

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

red bump on labia

I have a red bump on my labia.  Very painful when touched.  is not blistered.  this happened last month and the dr i visited (did not check) but based on my description advised it was probably irrated and to flush with salt water.
6 weeks later the area on the labia was not yet a bump, i went to the dr where she examined... after adding pressure the area hurt and is now irritated and red simillar to before.  she is most certain this is herpes although i have no other symptoms associated with it. i go back next week for my test results... in the meantime i am a nervous reck. based on my research it does not look like or seem to be herpes... does herbes not scap afterwards? this never does... i decided to start soaking in salt water as this worked before.  I have a 2nd opinion set in a couple of days.. just wanted to know if you knew what this may be. I also have/diagnosed with urinary tract infection and have lower back pain.
no fever no aches and pains. brownish discharge. i also believe  i may have mild yeast infections. in btwen the labia looks like a white, skim milk like mucous. another symptom i have is severe odour in my urine.
thank u very much
It sounds like you might have bacterial vaginosis, or maybe you have an infected oil gland.  Herpes is on the skin, not under it, so if this is under the skin, its not herpes.

Aj
Avatar n tn
the bump now "popped" i didnt squeeze it..but noticed.... a liquid puss followed by small amount of blood came out.  is this herpes?
Doesn't sound like it.

AJ
Avatar n tn
AJ, you have been my sanity the last few days.  I called my drs office (as i am waiting to hear back from my STD results) and told her that I think this is a blocked oil gland or a labial abscess (small pea size shaped but more oval). I told her after my sitz bath.. this developed a white head (sim to a pimple) and has completeley popped on its own... It was been discharging a light white puss color (not too much blood) steadily for 48 hours... my vaginal area is now covered in what looks like a skim milk like mucous.  I wanted to know what I should do to keep this clean etc because i do not know what it is and do not want it to spread.  The nurse at the drs office said this does sound like herpes and not much i can do.  I am really confused... when i looked up labial abscess on google... i finally found what it looks like and all symptoms... this sore/pimple never blistered over nor scapped.  Is itchy when draining...  can you pls help me?  thanks again so much... you have been really the only one who has lead me in the right direction.

thanks.
The best thing you can do is continue the sitz baths, and maybe use a warm compress on the area.  (Just wet a washcloth and hold it to the area.)  

Other than that, keep it dry - I know, not always possible - and when you are home, go without panties and wear a nightgown or big tee shirt so the air can get to it.

DO NOT squeeze it or pop it again, and if it gets bigger, or doesn't heal in a few days, call your doctor again.

Aj