STDs Community
red bumps on my penis, do i have herpes?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

red bumps on my penis, do i have herpes?

About a month, almost a month and a half ago. I had red bumps appear onto my genitals, thinking i'm just not washing good enough. I started washing better making sure i scrubed my groin area more effeciently. It didn't get any better just got worse as it spread onto my penis. (two by the shaft of my penis) and a couple around just below my head. I went to the hospital and got a tip that it was fungal so they gave me some cream for fungas but didn't work. I set up another appointment that i scheduled about 2 weeks ago i believe, and a doctor wasn't sure but said since i had sex it was herpes? What i read is that herpes pops up before a month of sexual contact. But, the last time i had sex was probably 2-3 months ago and its just now appearing? I also gave head to this girl and you think i would get it on my mouth or not? but i examined that really closely especially my tongue. No sign of bumps or anything even close to apearing there.  I don't understand that. I read more forums and things about "red bumps" another thing that i thought it might be would be scabies? i itch on my groin, butt, lower abdominal, shins, and sometimes my arms. I examined my body more closely and noticed a lil black mark that feels like a little bump on my penis. small circular dry marks on my bicep (one on each arm) a couple below my genitals and on the front part of my theigh. I'm freaking out right now and don't know what to believe. I would appreciate anyone's opinion on this. Thank you!
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
this doesn't sound like herpes going on.

see a dermatologist at this point for further work up if using an antifungal cream 2x/day for a good week or so didn't take care of the problem for you.

grace
Blank
Also, i have been itching like crazy all over my body. this last night i've been up all night because my legs, arms, stomach, and butt were all itchy. This only happens when i get into bed to sleep too. During the day, its like its not even there. But the second i lay down its starts itchy till no return.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Irritation/dry skin.
Blank
I put lotion on everyday now that this itch has occured and hasnt been any help. That itch is still there at night, but these bumps are scaring me if it is herpes or not. I certainly hope its not, but i dont think it sounds like it is...does it?
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
As Grace said, "this doesn't sound like herpes going on."
Blank
Thank you vance & grace also...i appreciate it
Blank
well I hope someone can help me I tend to get a bump every now and then on my penis and it really scares me I dont understand anything about stuff like this I'm still a virgin and havent had any sexual intercourse before so I'm just clueless I really hope someone can tell me whats wrong
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
This is not a STD if your a virgin. Try posting in dermatology or men's health. I assume it is just a papule.
Blank
Hey i also note noticed red little bumps on my penis . I look at pictures about herpes and info and they do not look like that!  And also i dont get pain from it.  It does not bother me at all only when I notice it sometimes are not even there. They say when you have herpes they scab up just like if you had a cold sore on your lip also to I am not circumcised. And the picture that I looked up do not look like mine at all. What kind of cream do you get for the anti fungal and working you get it?
Blank
5770365_tn?1373944835
OMG please im going through this now and i just turned 20 i have not done nothing since i was 18 and im freaking out and scared i was planing on buying a house and living with my girlfriend
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...