STDs Community
red sore under head of penis!

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

red sore under head of penis!

About 3 weeks ago i noticed a red sore under the head of my penis. I am circumsized but when its flacid there is a little skin that covers the sore. It is a little smaller than the size of my pinky nail. It does not hurt, itch, sting, or seem to appear to heal. A couple months ago i was diagnosed with genital warts, which i am wondering if maybe thats a contributing factor. It looks nothing like the warts so im guessing no. I have been tested for all other major std's except for herpes. I dont think it's that either though. I haven't had sex for a couple months and my symptoms dont really match. For the last couple days i have been treating it with neosporin. It's hard to tell if its healing or not. Sometime's it looks a little more fleshy colored and then the next day its red again. Could it be penile cancer, balanitis, or a friction wound unable to heal due to being covered by skin? I'm really looking forward to an opinion. I've done alot of research with no prevail. Thanks!
See a doctor. One possibility is yeast.