STDs Community
red spots, std or psoriasis?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

red spots, std or psoriasis?

i have had psoriasis for many years on many parts of my body. i have always used a condom during vaginal intercourse, but not with oral. on the glans (glands), in the past year and a half or so, i have experienced psoriasis looking spots that come and go with the use of my regular psoriasis treatment, and have never really been worried about, but recently noticed something different looking on the lower part of the shaft, brighter red in color, and just more alarming to me, because i have never experienced anything on this part of my member. on the glans (glands), the small areas of redness are flat, red, and slightly rough like a psoriasis lesion, but not scaly. on the shaft, the spots are brighter red, and more soft, not really resembling the spots on my glans (glands). on each area, with the use of clobetasol spray and or fluocinonide cream, prescribed by my dermatologist for the psoriasis elsewhere on my body, the spots in question will go away for a while, and come back eventually. i only need to apply the topicals for 2 or 3 days before the area is almost completely cleared, and they will stay clear anywhere from 3 or 4 days to 2 weeks (on the glans (glands)). this is only the second time spots have appeared on the shaft, but the first time was a while ago, and it cleared in much of the same way. My question really comes down to this...If this were an STD or something else that i should be concerned about, would the psoriasis treatments make the spots go away? or is it just helping to get rid of the redness because they are topical steroids. any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Umm it could be either, really.  Perhaps you have a fungal infection, and need to use the cream for longer than a few days to really kill it.

I can't think of one std that would go away with psoriasis treatment.  If using the cream for a longer period of time, say a couple of weeks, doesn't make it go away, then get it checked.

AJ