STDs Expert Forum
risk of STD when getting a *******
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

risk of STD when getting a *******

I received a ******* (was not wearing a condom) from a sexual worker in moscow. Which STD, if any, I got exposed to and what are the chances that I could have been infected with an STD. I did not have any wounds in my penis. Specifically, is it possible that I could have received an HIV infection in this unprotected oralsex.
Related Discussions
300980_tn?1194933000
Receiving oral sex is relatively safe and STDs from such exposures are rare.  As for specific STDs, there are a very small number of cases of gonorrhea transmitted this way.  When they occur, they are usually symptomatic, causing urethral discharge and burning on urination.  A little more common is nongonococcal urethritis (NGU) which may present with small amounts of discharge or burning as well.  Syphilis and herpes are only transmitted by people who have sores on their mouths and are rare.  Trichomonas and HIV are almost never tranmitted through oral sex.

Summary, overall risk - low.  HIV risk - close to zero.  WH
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
300980_tn?1194933000
Edward W Hook, MDBlank
University of Alabama at Birmingham
MedHelp Health Answers