STDs Community
risk of protected oral sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

risk of protected oral sex

I recently had an encounter with a provider that performed a FBSM with a french ending.

We talked prior about STD's and she said she was clean and disease free and gets tested regularly.  I had a hot clean shower prior to the appointment and shaved my genital area about 3 hours earlier.

90% of the time was a massage and she gave me a condom to put on so i did so.  prior to putting on the condom on she did kiss my scrotum and shaft a couple times.

I also massaged her and fingered her vagina a bit ad well with a few fingers.

She did perform oral sex on me to completion at the end and i came inside the condom.  The condom stayed intact the whole time during the oral and then after she took it off and i again had a shower and cleaned before i left.

1.)What is my risk of HIV or STD contraction in this scenario. Is it warranted to get tested?

2.) It was only 1 day ago, and does no symptoms = no STD?

3.) Can one contract an STD or HIV from excess saliva running down the shaft to my pubic area and genitals since they were cleanly shaven?

4.)Am i just paranoid???.....i tried to be safe and take precautions.

Thanks for your help.

ou had Zero 0     Risk for an STD, dont let your anxiety get the best of you.  Protected oral sex  is virtually impossible unless she had open sores or lesions in her mouth and touched the area not protected by a condom.

I wouldnt worry at all about this exposure.
Thanks for the reassurance.....even with the pre-kissing and such to the shaft and scrotum prior to wearing a condom?

Is shaving that area for a guy or a girl a risk to infection d/t micro cuts from the razor?

So would this be like a 1 in a 100 chances of contracting and STD from this encounter?

virtually Zero, light kissing to shaft will not get you an STD.

i wouldnt worry about this episode at all.
I also have a followup...

After an exposure like this or any other interaction like this....What is the typical Incubation period for a STD?

Would you expect to see symptoms within 2 days, 5 days, 2 weeks?

Can one be infected for weeks, months, years and have NO symptoms?

Does no symptoms mean no infection?

When could someone stop worrying?