STDs Expert Forum
saftey

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

saftey

Dear Doctor,
  Thank you for your time, 2 months ago i received partial protected oral sex but condom not all the way down.  I was at a spa when i received it.  Im very interested in a girl and am goin to ask her to be my girlfriend.  Also has a great potential to be my wife one day god willing.  She is very special and my family loves her.  No symptoms but the mind has a funny way of playing tricks on you.  Any reasurrance you could give me would be huge,  i know i maid a mistake and feel terrible.  Thank you for your help, bless you and have a great holidays.
  -key
Welcome to the forum.

Your question is very similar to the one that immediately preceded it.  Take a look at my reply there:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/How-confident-can-I-be/show/1851295

The bottom line is that oral sex is safe sex -- not completely risk free, but far less likely to result in any STD than unprotected vaginal or anal sex.  And you used a condom, meaning you were at truly zero risk.  Your lack symptoms at 2 months is further evidence you weren't infected.

It's always a good idea to use condoms in new sexual relationships, unless and until both partners have been tested and known to be free of STDs.  On that basis, you and your new partner probably should plan on using condoms, at least initially.  But not because of your protected oral sex exposure two months ago.

I hope this has helped.  Best wishes--  HHH, MD
thank you Handsfield, you are truley doin amazing work.
you probually think im over worrying about getting tested right?
Yes.

Thanks for the thanks.  Take care.