STDs Community
serious concern. girlfriend gave me oral sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

so what happened was my girlfriend and i were fooling around yesterday in bed.

she licked my penis a few times and even put it in her mouth for a second or two. now i'm extremely worried about contracting herpes or some kind of STD.

we're both young and i dont think we have any STDs previously. we're both loyal to each other and we dont mess around (i have previously kissed girls before on the lips prior to our relationship if that matters at all). the STD i'm most concerned about is herpes. but i want to know if i should be worried or not.

we have both had cold sores on our mouths before, im pretty sure. although i dont think it was anything serious. when she was giving oral sex, i couldnt see any visible cold sores on her lips. however she wears braces, which i hear can cause little cuts and stuff in her mouth? i'm really worried that since she had cold sores before i could be getting herpes?

its only been a day and no symptoms yet. what should i do?
If you have gotten cold sores before, that means you have herpes simplex type 1.  That means you have strong protection against ever getting that type genitally, which is what you would get if your gf gave you oral sex.  Type 2 is passed by genital to genital contact.

As long as she doesn't have an outbreak or cold sore, you should be fine.

Aj
thanks Aj. sorry but i have another question...

what if my girlfriend didn't have herpes simplex type 1 or herpes simplex type 2 on her mouth? is it possible for her to give it to my genitals orally?

im asking because i dont know if she actually had a cold sore or if it was something else on her mouth before. and if she did have herpes simplex 1 or 2, is it for sure that i have it too on my mouth if i kiss her? ive been with her for a while now, but the "cold sores" ive been getting arent nearly as extreme as the pictures found on the internet. so i'm wondering if we both really had cold sores before or if it was something else?

thanks in advance.
another update. its been 2 days since she performed oral.

i have pain in my testicle? it comes and goes. it's not severe pain, its just light pain. kind of like a dull pain... but it goes away quickly. i dont know if this has anything to do with what happened. could this be an STD? i was doing some research and i dont think herpes has any relation with testicular pain, does it?

thanks in advance to all those who reply
If she doesn't have herpes orally, she can't give it to you from oral sex.  You can't transmit what you don't have.

Also, oral herpes is almost always type 1.  Type 2 orally is VERY rare, so I wouldn't worry about type 2 at all.  And if she hasn't had any other partners, she wouldn't have type 2 anywhere.

I'm guessing your testicle pain is anxiety.  Anxiety makes normal twinges and heightens them, making them seem worse than they are.

Its not herpes, for sure.  Try not to think about it for a few days and see if your pain goes away.

AJ

thanks for all your help so far Aj. Something happened and i'm totally freaked out...

i was trying to see if i could notice any symptoms of herpes and while examing my penis, i saw little white bumps. they're tiny, almost non-noticeable. they look something like this:

http://www.****.info/assets_active/sebaceousglands.jpg
(just a picture i grabbed off google. looks very similar to what i have)

so basically i have that. except it seems to be smaller in amount...
but anyways, i was wondering if this is the beginning of herpes? it doesnt itch or anything, but i read that herpes symptoms could be so mild that people don't even notice?

also, i'm not sure if they were there before the encounter with my girlfriend. but assuming they came after, does it look like herpes?

thanks in advance.
I can't see the link, but sebaceous glands are not even related to herpes.

They are a normal part of your anatomy.

You might also want to google pearly papules and see if that fits.

AJ
so i went to the doctor 4 days after my encounter. he looked at the little pumps on my penis and he said they might be just a normal part of the skin. so right now i'm not too sure what to think of them... herpes can take a while or not even appear right :(

about the soreness in my scrotum. it hasnt gone away as of now, and ive had it for 3 days or so. again, its not sore all the time, and it comes and goes. the doctor prescribed "cipro" for me to take. i did a bit of reading and apparently theres quite a bit of side effects associated with taking the drug (nausea, joint pain, easier to get sun burned, etc.). should i be concerned? how effective is this medication?

also, the doctor sent me to take a urination exam for chlamydia and gonorrhea i believe. would this test be accurate after 4 days of my encounter? i did a bit of reading and people say "a few days" after the sexual encounter it should be accurate... but whats a "few days"? 2 days? 7 8 days?

thanks in advance.
The bumps are probably part of normal skin - warts wouldn't show up this fast, and you wouldn't get them from oral sex.

Cipro can have side effects, but many people experience none of those, so you can try it.  I'm not sure why he gave that to you though, unless he is treating you for gonorrhea or a prostate infection.  You need to ask.  How many days and what strength did you get?

AJ