STDs Community
severe dysplasia

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

severe dysplasia

yes i had a leep done about 1wk ago my doctor called me adv me that it still shows a little bit on the edges of severe dysplacia cells on the ends of my cervix but wants me to see her in 4months to do a pap smear even though i still have some dysplasia cells on the edge of my cervix is it most likely to disappear or not?

This discussion is related to SCARY CERVICAL BIOPSY RESULTS??!!.
It could disappear in 4 months.  Its all terribly individual, so I can't say for sure whether or not it could, but there is certainly a decent possibility that it could.

AJ
I am 19 weeks pregnant with my first child, who of which we found out yesterday is going to be a girl.  My husband and I are so excited!   But to back up several months, to my first ob/gyn appt......they did the usual pap smear to make sure that everything was healthy down there.  Well as it turns out, it's not.  So three days ago I had a colposcopy and a biopsy.  Well I received a call from my doctor's office this morning saying that it's worse than he thought.  I guess this means it's at least CIN III, I know this only because he said if it was CIN I or II that he would see me for my next scheduled visit in a month.  I am now schedule to go back in on Monday.  I'm scared to death.  This is my first baby and I don't want it to be my last.  I would like to have at least one more.  I have read so many blogs, some saying that it's not harmful to the baby, but then again others say that it could cause early deliver, late term misscarriage, and other terrible things.  I'm not sure what my Dr. has planned for this visit on Monday, but I can't help but be worried..  I am trying to look on the bright side of things....I don't want to stress out and have that stress on the baby.......I guess what I want to know is how will this affect my baby?!?  I have also read things about the different procedures used to treat dysplasia.  I have heard the "leep" treatment may cause you to not be able to carry future children to full term.  I am desperate to make sure this baby is ok and to not ruin my chances of having future babies...HELP!!!
Well, I know several women who have had LEEP, and they have had babies easily (some a little too easily lol).

You might want to post this in the HPV forum, as they can probably address your concerns more specifically.

Make sure to ask your doc any and all questions you have, and if you don't feel comfortable with something he/she suggests, then don't hesitate to get another opinion, ok?  

And congrats on the little girl!!  :)

AJ