STDs Expert Forum
shaving and cold sores
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

shaving and cold sores

I have had cold sores or herpes for years now. They have always been on the same side of my face.  after shaving the opposite side of my face I received bumps on my face the next day that resembled the virus.  I have not once had cold sores on the opposite side of my face.(Again, I have had the virus for years and this has happened to me only after I shaved my face.)  Is it possible that the virus can change locations.  I thought it could be the result of ingrown hairs.  Furhtermore, what caused me to worry is that I had oral sex with my partner. About 4days after, she came down with a chest cold,stuffy nose and slight fever. Her roomate was sick and also had these symptoms. I checked in with her and her fever is gone. All she is feeling now is a bit of a chest cold and stuffy nose but no fever.  For the most part she is feeling much better.  It has been 13 days now since we had oral sex and she has not complained of any other symptoms.  Is there anything to worry about or am I just overreacting?