STDs Expert Forum
should I be worried?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

should I be worried?

hello doctor,

40 some days ago, at a bachelor party, i had intercourse with 2 CSW.  I had protected vaginal and protected oral with both ladies.  Condom did sliped a bit, but at all time head of penis was protected.  
Anyhow, since 3 weeks ago i had this terrible cold& cough symptoms and also about the same time I noticed a small lump (size of a peanut) on my anus.  It does not hurt but it is noticeable.  
I came across to this site due to HIV fear, but i'm convinced now i had 0 risk and my cold is not related to ARS; however, i'm starting to think it might be HPV. could it be?
if so, what do you recommend i should do next? what are the treatment? how contagious is it?

thanks for your time .
Welcome to the Forum.  It sounds to me as though you have some guilt issues to deal with related to the exposures you have described.  I agree with all that has been already said on the HIV and STD Community sites.  You should not be concerned about any STDs, including HPV.

The lump you have detected is more likely a result of your increased awareness than anything else.  It is not HPV.  there is no rectal exposure you described and, most importantly, the average time for warts to appear is 6 months, not 40 days.  The lump you have noticed may be a hemorrhoid, a cyst or something else- if you are worried, you can have your doctor take a look without concern that he/she will tell you that it is a wart acquired at the encounters you mentioned 40 days ago.  EWH
thank you doctor.
i was not expecting an answer so fast! indeed i do feel ashamed  of my behavior.

you've been very helpful!  i will check with my doctor just to be safe, but i feel assured that whatever it is... is non std related.

regards,  
Great.  I'm glad i could help.  EWH