STDs Expert Forum
should i moved on without testing?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

should i moved on without testing?

Dear Dr, i'm still having some confusion from my protected exposure i had on november 16, 5 days past exposure i develop a rash with cuts between my groin and inner thigh
is definitely in a odd location, then 2 days after the rash appear i went to the urgent care it was on the 23 of november and i had the rash check out! the P.A. told me it
was a friction burn and it wasn't std related and told me not to worry about it, she told me to get a cream and i did i used it and the nexte morning the redness was gone
and the cuts were healing already but now until this day i'm still feel burning sensation on the groin are, inner thigh and penis.

how rare is having a primary outbreak on that area?

i do have oral herpes could that been my outbreak but less severe?

should i just forget all about it and move on with my life knowing the this was way too low of a risk?

should i test in february?

what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Thanks, i know i cant post for 6 months and i wont bother your valuable time.
I'll be answering your question this time and in doing so will add my voice to those of Grace and Dr. Handsfield who have urged you to try to relax and move forward from your virtually no risk exposure on November 16.  Between the groin and inner thigh is a most unusual place to have a HSV outbreak and what you have described (in other posts as well) sounds nothing like herpes.  Please, put your fears aside and move forward.  To that end, I would also urge you not to seek further testing in February- anticipation of this will provide just one more reason for your anxiety to bother you and there is no reason for testing.

I hope you can put your concerns aside and move forward.  EWH
thanks Dr. HOOK. i will try to moved forward about this exposure, i hope its ok if i can ask 3 more question and i will be out of here.

i found online the often friction burn are confused with herpes its that true, and my friction burn happen 5 days past the exposure thats kinda of obvious right?

is it rare getting herpes while you using a condom?

would you said the i'm out of the woods of herpes from my last exposure?

thank you very much.

stupid2012
While herpes can be confused with friction burns, the location and all that you have said make this most unlikely for you.

Yes, herpes is quite rare with a condom

I would not worry further about HSV if I were you.  

Take care. EWH
so basically it was just coincidence the rash appear 5 days past the exposure?

if i add everything together: wrong location, if the sex was unprotected the averege trasnmission would be 1 in 1000 and with a condom is even lower than that so it drops to virtually zero or really close to it does all that make sense dr hook.
You keep repeating what I said- I repeat "I would not worry further about HSV if I were you."  EWH